How To Make No-Sew Pencil Pouches For Back To School
Believe it or not, back to school season is almost here. To keep those warm-weather summer vibes going, we decided to make the quickest and easiest pencil pouch DIY featuring the coolest summer print fabrics. Keep the party going while cracking open your kiddo's textbooks with these cute and simple pencil pouches. While you're at it, mix and match patterns — the more the merrier! And don't worry about the pencil pouch getting dirty on the inside; the oilcloth lining will help keep your fabric clean from those pesky ink stains.
DIY Pencil Pouch
- VELCRO® sticky back for fabrics
- fabric glue
1. Measure and cut a 15 x 12-inch piece of fabric.
2. Measure and cut a 15 x 10-inch piece of oilcloth.
3. Lay the two pieces on top of each other with the back sides touching and the oilcloth directly in the middle of the fabric.
4. Add a line of fabric glue on the top and bottom in between the oilcloth and fabric and press it down.
5. Next, add a line of fabric glue on top of the oilcloth, fold over the flaps of fabric and press down.
6. Then add a small strip of fabric glue on the top and bottom of the piece and fold it over about an inch and press.
7. Add a strip of fabric glue about five inches long on both sides starting at the bottom. Then fold it up, leaving a couple inches of fabric for the top flap.
8. Cut a piece of VELCRO® the width of the top flap.
9. Peel the adhesive off and press it onto the top flap.
10. Peel off the other side of the adhesive, fold the flap over and press.
11. Allow the adhesive to set for about ten minutes, then pull the flap open.
That's it! The pattern of the oilcloth is a fun surprise in the inside of your pouch. You can totally use these pouches for your phone, notebooks, lipsticks, whatever! The possibilities are endless.
DIY Production + Styling: Brittany Griffin
Photography: Chris Andre
Design: Rosee Canfield
This article has been updated from a previous post.
- 3 Ways to DIY Your Back to School Bags - Brit + Co ›
- Check Out This Year's Must-Have Essentials for Back to School - Brit ... ›
- 12 Autumn-Inspired Office Supplies to Warm Up Your Desk - Brit + Co ›
- How to Make Lovely Lace Shorts - Brit + Co ›
- 10 DIY Projects You Can Make With One Yard of Cotton Fabric - Brit ... ›
- 66 No-Sew Projects to Make Today (Mega Roundup!) - Brit + Co ›
- 20 No-Sew Styles To Try This Fall - Brit + Co ›