14 Epic Pool Party Games for Your 4th of July Bash
It’s not a pool party without a couple of little-to-no-skill-needed outdoor games with family and friends. If you’re lucky enough to have a pool, game night is more than a time to catch up with friends, sip cocktails and get competitive — it’s a time to blow up some glowing pool floats, beat up your BFFs with a jousting game and treat your kids to a water balloon fight. Add a DIY twist to a classic game like croquet or go all out with an inflatable beer pong pool float that’ll really get the party started. Scroll down for 14 fun + unique games that will make your Fourth of July pool party (or any summer get-together!) the hottest bash on the block.
1. DIY Tropical Drink Piñata: Because nothing says “party” like a shower of candy and confetti. Kick off the party in style with a massive piñata that doubles as the coolest party decor ever. (via Studio DIY)
3. Modcloth Shake Your Cocktail Feathers Drink Float Set ($20): The most important part of any party is the drinks, obviously. Keep the cocktails afloat with mini flamingo and swan drink floaties.
4. Fredericks and Mae Playing Cards Deck ($13): Keep an ace up your sleeve when you pull out these colorful playing cards. An old-fashioned deck of cards gets way more fun when the cards are the colors of the rainbow.
6. DIY Custom Corn Hole Game: This game should be mandatory at all outdoor festivities. It’s super easy to DIY your own boards and it’s so addicting, you’ll be winning at your party even if you’re losing. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Water Balloon Fight: Let’s be honest, water balloons aren’t just for the kiddos. “Kids” of all ages will love having a bucket of water balloons at the ready for sneaky attacks. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
8. Urban Outfitters Glow Ball Pool Float ($8): Light it up! Toss a bunch of these glowing balls into your pool and keep the party going when the sun goes down.
9. DIY Giant Lawn Matching Game: This game is perfect for the backyard and pool, and it’s made with cork tiles, so it’s totally reusable and portable. The tutorial includes printables, making it your easiest project of the entire season. (via Studio DIY)
10. Urban Outfitters Hot Dog Pool Joust Game ($35): If you’re lucky enough to have a pool, channel your favorite knight of the seven kingdoms with this inflatable jousting set. These hotdog floaties will foster some serious competition in party goers of all ages.
11. Pineapple Bowling: Skip the ugly bowling shoes and bowl in style using the season’s most fashionable fruit: pineapple! Spray paint them gold and let guests try to bowl them over. Winner gets a pińa colada? (via Style Me Pretty)
12. DIY Alice in Wonderland Croquet: Pink flamingos are practically essential for any pool party so why not put them to good use as croquet sticks. Red rose topiaries and a Queen of Hearts costume are optional. (via Home Depot)
13. Intex Pool Volleyball Game ($47): Forget beach volleyball — pool volleyball is where it’s at. The setup/cleanup is simple: Just inflate, play hard and deflate when you’re done.
14. DIY Flamingo Ring Toss: Ring toss just got a very adorable upgrade. Can you believe we made these out of pink plastic flamingos? These guys are cute enough to leave around the pool as decor when you’re not partying hard. (via Sugar & Cloth)
What are your go-to outdoor games? Follow us on Pinterest for even more party ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.