16 Outrageous Guacamole Recipes for National Guacamole Day
Mark your calendars, because Friday, September 16 is National Guacamole Day. We never need an excuse to devour our favorite dip (sorry, hummus!), but we’ll take it. You’ve already memorized the guacamole recipes you know and love, but in honor of this sacred holiday, let’s try something a little more unique. We found 16 outrageous guacamole recipes with unique ingredients, epic toppings and out-of-the-ordinary mix-ins. Keep reading to discover how to make the most of your ripe avocados.
1. Charred Jalapeño and Peach Guacamole With Chili-Lime Tortilla Chips: Fresh diced peaches add a sweet crispness to this absolutely mouth-watering guac. Scoop it up with homemade baked chili-lime tortilla chips and you’ll be winning at life. (via Whole Bite Blog)
3. Sun-Dried Tomato and Bacon Guacamole: Shake up a salty grapefruit margarita to go with this recipe and you’re in for a good night. Sun-dried tomatoes are its (not-so) secret ingredient, and you’ll want to put them in your guacamole from now on. (via The Adventure Bite)
4. Grilled Avocado Guacamole: If you’ve never tried grilling your avocados, now’s the time to start. It makes the guacamole texture even creamier, and coupled with smoked paprika, the taste is *outstanding.* (via Dad With a Pan)
5. Grilled Veggie Guacamole: Throw your chilis and onions on the grill before mashing your guacamole and you won’t be sorry. Doing so adds a smokey charred flavor and lessens the harshness of their bite. (via Eat Style Create)
6. Limiest Guacamole Recipe That Ever Existed: Fans of citrus, listen up. This recipe uses two whole limes to take its tang to a whole new level. Time to pucker up and get to dipping. (via Sophisticated Gourmet)
8. Mango Madness Guacamole: Few things are tastier than a ripe mango. Thankfully, they’re just as wonderful mixed into guacamole as they are eaten raw. Trying adding extra jalapeño if you find it’s too sweet for you. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
9. Mexican Street Corn Guacamole: Fire roasted corn, cotija cheese and sour cream up the ante in this guacamole recipe. You seriously have to try this if you’re a fan of Mexican street food (who isn’t?!). (via Celebrating Sweets)
10. Toasted Pepita Guacamole: The crunch of toasted pumpkin seeds on top of this guacamole is incredibly satisfying. Try adding a spoonful of tomatillo salsa for a bit of extra heat and acidity. (via Kale and Caramel)
12. Roasted Tomato and Charred Lime Guacamole: Putting a little time and effort into your guacamole has big payoffs. For example, roasting your tomatoes before adding them to your avocados sweetens and deepens the flavor like you wouldn’t believe. (via How Sweet It Is)
13. Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Guacamole: You might want to forgo chips and opt for a spoon to eat this guac. Sweet roasted corn and tangy goat cheese take it to a level that calls for eating straight from the bowl. (via Bests and Bites)
14. Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole: We can’t think of anything better to eat alongside cheesy enchiladas than this roasted tomatillo guacamole. It’s tangy and only slightly spicy, which is perfect for pairing with other dishes. (via Fox Valley Foodie)
15. Spicy Caramelized Pineapple Bacon Guacamole: If there’s anything on this planet that isn’t made better by bacon, we haven’t tried it yet. This guacamole is piled high with the stuff, and we’re certainly not mad at it. (via Shared Appetite)
16. Strawberry Balsamic Guacamole: Strawberries and balsamic vinegar might sound like an odd combination for guacamole, but it’s actually super delicious. Try it for yourself and you’ll understand. (via Diary of an Ex-Sloth)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious dip recipes!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!