16 Outrageous Guacamole Recipes for National Guacamole Day
Mark your calendars, because Friday, September 16 is National Guacamole Day. We never need an excuse to devour our favorite dip (sorry, hummus!), but we’ll take it. You’ve already memorized the guacamole recipes you know and love, but in honor of this sacred holiday, let’s try something a little more unique. We found 16 outrageous guacamole recipes with unique ingredients, epic toppings and out-of-the-ordinary mix-ins. Keep reading to discover how to make the most of your ripe avocados.
1. Charred Jalapeño and Peach Guacamole With Chili-Lime Tortilla Chips: Fresh diced peaches add a sweet crispness to this absolutely mouth-watering guac. Scoop it up with homemade baked chili-lime tortilla chips and you’ll be winning at life. (via Whole Bite Blog)
3. Sun-Dried Tomato and Bacon Guacamole: Shake up a salty grapefruit margarita to go with this recipe and you’re in for a good night. Sun-dried tomatoes are its (not-so) secret ingredient, and you’ll want to put them in your guacamole from now on. (via The Adventure Bite)
4. Grilled Avocado Guacamole: If you’ve never tried grilling your avocados, now’s the time to start. It makes the guacamole texture even creamier, and coupled with smoked paprika, the taste is *outstanding.* (via Dad With a Pan)
5. Grilled Veggie Guacamole: Throw your chilis and onions on the grill before mashing your guacamole and you won’t be sorry. Doing so adds a smokey charred flavor and lessens the harshness of their bite. (via Eat Style Create)
6. Limiest Guacamole Recipe That Ever Existed: Fans of citrus, listen up. This recipe uses two whole limes to take its tang to a whole new level. Time to pucker up and get to dipping. (via Sophisticated Gourmet)
8. Mango Madness Guacamole: Few things are tastier than a ripe mango. Thankfully, they’re just as wonderful mixed into guacamole as they are eaten raw. Trying adding extra jalapeño if you find it’s too sweet for you. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
9. Mexican Street Corn Guacamole: Fire roasted corn, cotija cheese and sour cream up the ante in this guacamole recipe. You seriously have to try this if you’re a fan of Mexican street food (who isn’t?!). (via Celebrating Sweets)
10. Toasted Pepita Guacamole: The crunch of toasted pumpkin seeds on top of this guacamole is incredibly satisfying. Try adding a spoonful of tomatillo salsa for a bit of extra heat and acidity. (via Kale and Caramel)
12. Roasted Tomato and Charred Lime Guacamole: Putting a little time and effort into your guacamole has big payoffs. For example, roasting your tomatoes before adding them to your avocados sweetens and deepens the flavor like you wouldn’t believe. (via How Sweet It Is)
13. Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Guacamole: You might want to forgo chips and opt for a spoon to eat this guac. Sweet roasted corn and tangy goat cheese take it to a level that calls for eating straight from the bowl. (via Bests and Bites)
14. Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole: We can’t think of anything better to eat alongside cheesy enchiladas than this roasted tomatillo guacamole. It’s tangy and only slightly spicy, which is perfect for pairing with other dishes. (via Fox Valley Foodie)
15. Spicy Caramelized Pineapple Bacon Guacamole: If there’s anything on this planet that isn’t made better by bacon, we haven’t tried it yet. This guacamole is piled high with the stuff, and we’re certainly not mad at it. (via Shared Appetite)
16. Strawberry Balsamic Guacamole: Strawberries and balsamic vinegar might sound like an odd combination for guacamole, but it’s actually super delicious. Try it for yourself and you’ll understand. (via Diary of an Ex-Sloth)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious dip recipes!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.