16 Outrageous Guacamole Recipes for National Guacamole Day
Mark your calendars, because Friday, September 16 is National Guacamole Day. We never need an excuse to devour our favorite dip (sorry, hummus!), but we’ll take it. You’ve already memorized the guacamole recipes you know and love, but in honor of this sacred holiday, let’s try something a little more unique. We found 16 outrageous guacamole recipes with unique ingredients, epic toppings and out-of-the-ordinary mix-ins. Keep reading to discover how to make the most of your ripe avocados.
1. Charred Jalapeño and Peach Guacamole With Chili-Lime Tortilla Chips: Fresh diced peaches add a sweet crispness to this absolutely mouth-watering guac. Scoop it up with homemade baked chili-lime tortilla chips and you’ll be winning at life. (via Whole Bite Blog)
3. Sun-Dried Tomato and Bacon Guacamole: Shake up a salty grapefruit margarita to go with this recipe and you’re in for a good night. Sun-dried tomatoes are its (not-so) secret ingredient, and you’ll want to put them in your guacamole from now on. (via The Adventure Bite)
4. Grilled Avocado Guacamole: If you’ve never tried grilling your avocados, now’s the time to start. It makes the guacamole texture even creamier, and coupled with smoked paprika, the taste is *outstanding.* (via Dad With a Pan)
5. Grilled Veggie Guacamole: Throw your chilis and onions on the grill before mashing your guacamole and you won’t be sorry. Doing so adds a smokey charred flavor and lessens the harshness of their bite. (via Eat Style Create)
6. Limiest Guacamole Recipe That Ever Existed: Fans of citrus, listen up. This recipe uses two whole limes to take its tang to a whole new level. Time to pucker up and get to dipping. (via Sophisticated Gourmet)
8. Mango Madness Guacamole: Few things are tastier than a ripe mango. Thankfully, they’re just as wonderful mixed into guacamole as they are eaten raw. Trying adding extra jalapeño if you find it’s too sweet for you. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
9. Mexican Street Corn Guacamole: Fire roasted corn, cotija cheese and sour cream up the ante in this guacamole recipe. You seriously have to try this if you’re a fan of Mexican street food (who isn’t?!). (via Celebrating Sweets)
10. Toasted Pepita Guacamole: The crunch of toasted pumpkin seeds on top of this guacamole is incredibly satisfying. Try adding a spoonful of tomatillo salsa for a bit of extra heat and acidity. (via Kale and Caramel)
12. Roasted Tomato and Charred Lime Guacamole: Putting a little time and effort into your guacamole has big payoffs. For example, roasting your tomatoes before adding them to your avocados sweetens and deepens the flavor like you wouldn’t believe. (via How Sweet It Is)
13. Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Guacamole: You might want to forgo chips and opt for a spoon to eat this guac. Sweet roasted corn and tangy goat cheese take it to a level that calls for eating straight from the bowl. (via Bests and Bites)
14. Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole: We can’t think of anything better to eat alongside cheesy enchiladas than this roasted tomatillo guacamole. It’s tangy and only slightly spicy, which is perfect for pairing with other dishes. (via Fox Valley Foodie)
15. Spicy Caramelized Pineapple Bacon Guacamole: If there’s anything on this planet that isn’t made better by bacon, we haven’t tried it yet. This guacamole is piled high with the stuff, and we’re certainly not mad at it. (via Shared Appetite)
16. Strawberry Balsamic Guacamole: Strawberries and balsamic vinegar might sound like an odd combination for guacamole, but it’s actually super delicious. Try it for yourself and you’ll understand. (via Diary of an Ex-Sloth)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious dip recipes!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.