This Couple Brought Sweet PNW Vibes to Their Outdoorsy DIY Wedding
For Kathy and Liam, their wedding was all about evoking a strong sense of place. The outdoorsy couple first met in Olympia, WA, so they knew they wanted to return to the Evergreen State to celebrate their love with family and friends. The Pacific Northwest holds a special place in their hearts, and we can totally tell — read on to copy this couple’s PNW style and gather some A+ nature-inspired DIY wedding ideas.
1. Pops of Blue: Kathy and Liam’s love of the lush PNW forests shows up in the decor; the reception tables are decorated simply to let the floral centerpieces shine. Tree bark, lots of greenery and a few well-placed blue blooms set the tone for this casual, earthy wedding.
2. Guest Log: Who needs a wedding guest book when you have a couple of logs lying around? The couple’s out-of-the-box guest book idea fits their theme to a T (and that tree bark pencil holder is too cute to boot).
3. Cute Card Collector: We’re feeling the Yogi Bear vibes with this adorable picnic basket that the couple used to collect cards, dressed up simply with a few blooms on top. Plus, Kathy and Liam can reuse the basket for newlywed picnics in their beloved forest!
4. Fun With Frisbees: Kathy and Liam are big into the ultimate frisbee scene (in fact, that’s how they met), so these sweet and kinda-kitschy frisbee favors are the perfect personalized gift.
5. Name Card Coasters: Another nod to PNW culture? These cool craft beer coasters represent the couple’s home states of Minnesota and Washington, and they were used as guest name cards. The name cards were glued to the backs of the coasters and matched with a corresponding coaster on the reception tables.
6. Beer-tastic Table Numbers: This is what the corresponding coasters looked like used as table “numbers.” Kathy and Liam glued the coasters to the branch centerpieces and then decorated the wood with bits of moss and fern for the ultimate woodsy feel.
7. Chomp on This: The couple totally embraced the “crunchy granola” vibe of PNWers with the DIY trail mix bar. A collection of different kinds of nuts, Chex mix and other goodies provided the ideal pick-me-up to keep guests dancing all night long.
8. Sweet Wooden Signs: What outdoorsy event would be complete without good old-fashioned s’mores? Kathy fashioned wooden signs used to direct guests around the wedding venue (and lead them to the s’mores station!) out four-foot by two-foot wood boards that she cut into signs.
The couple’s love for each other — and obvious love for the Pacific Northwest — made this wedding super sweet. Congrats, Kathy and Liam!
Do you have a DIY wedding that you’d like to share with us? Email us at email@example.com!