10 Alexa Skills That Will Change Your Parenting Life
Alexa isn’t exactly where the term “mother’s little helper” originated (far from it), but that’s not to say it can’t lend a major hand to moms everywhere. (We’re fully on board with getting a little Amazon assistance now and then!) If you need some serious mommy-ing help, check out these not-to-miss skills.
1. Quick List: There’s no chance that you’ll remember the all dozen things on your shopping list next time you’re shopping. But Alexa can help you ask Quick List to add items that you’ll need as you remember them, making your shopping trip with baby a breeze.
2. Any.do: Carpool. Band practice. Ballet. Soccer. Mommy and Me. Playdate. Playdate. And another playdate. Oh the list goes on. Simply ask Alexa to add almost anything to your to-do list and it’ll be there waiting for you.
3. Life Hacks: You need hacks, but what busy mama really has time to Google those helpful how-tos daily? Now you don’t have to. Just ask Alexa to open Life Hacks and you can get the completely creative help that you crave.
4. Amazon Storytime: Alexa opens Storytime and storytime actually happens. There are plenty of professionally narrated picks for older kiddos, including choices from Audible short stories and the Amazon Rapids app.
5. Sesame Street: You’re looking for a way to entertain your tot — without having to scour the internet for ideas. Sit this one out and let the littles ask, “Alexa, open Sesame Street.” Here’s where the fun begins. Your Elmo enthusiast can talk to the furry red friendly monster, play games, and do so much more.
6. Wake Up Clock: Do you fantasize about your child staying in bed until the sun makes its way over the horizon? With this skill, your child asks Alexa if it’s time to wake up — and gets the answer that you set.
7. My Mickey Vacation Travel: A Disney vacation might be totally welcome, but the planning that goes into it is definitely not. If you’re not into the travel prep, My Disney Vacation can help you learn more about the parks, where to eat, what attractions to visit, where to shop, and what to do on your magical family getaway.
8. Guided Meditation: Meditation of the Day for Calm: Every mama needs a little Zen in her life. When you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or just can’t cope, Guided Meditation gives you three to eight minutes of calming bliss.
9. Instant Pot: If you’ve jumped on the bandwagon but you’re still not exactly sure what to cook in your new Instant Pot, ask Alexa to open “Instant Pot” for all kinds of yum-inspiring recipes.
10. Baby Sleep Sounds: You say it’s bedtime but your baby doesn’t agree? Ask Alexa to open “Baby Sleep Sounds” and get ready for some serious zzz’s. Even though Baby Sleep Sounds can’t actually put your kiddo to sleep, its calming music can help lull the little love off to dreamland.
What’s your favorite Alexa skill? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Getty)