Mad for Meringue: 19 Delicious Meringue Recipes
Move over cupcakes, meringues are making a big statement on the dessert front. Similar to the macaron, these fat-free little confections are perfect for sticking to those healthy eating resolutions. Meringues can be dipped in chocolate, combined with fresh fruit or made into a gorgeous cream-filled dessert like a pavlova. Here we have recipes of the most delicious meringue desserts!
1. Pistachio Pavlova with Poached Kumquats: A delicate meringue flavored with pistachios and topped with lemon curd and candied kumquats will be a colorful dessert to brighten up your next dinner! (via Canelle et Vanille)
3. Pavlova With Rose Water Whipped Cream: If you are craving some spring and the weather will not cooperate, try this airy dessert with a hint of floral that feels light yet decadent at the same time. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Honeycomb, Chocolate and Almond Pavlova: Adding chocolate to meringue results in a chewier texture and a thinner disc which means you can add three tiers. The honeycomb is an unexpected flavor and the perfect accent to the chocolate and almonds. (via What Katie Ate)
5. Cherry Pavlova: If stacking layers sounds intimidating, then this is the meringue dessert for you. Part of the magic of meringue is that you can sculpt it into just about any form you want, including a pretty bowl that you can fill with cream, fruit and chocolate shavings. (via Call Me Cupcake)
6. Coffee Meringue Ice Cream Cake: What is it about ice cream cake that brings out the kid in us? Here is a more adult version where the sugary airiness of the meringue perfectly contrasts the richness of coffee ice cream. (via Martha Stewart)
7. Pink Swirl Meringues with Pomegranate Syrup: The pink pomegranate syrup swirling through these white clouds of meringue has us dreaming of afternoons in Paris. Top with piles of whipped cream and fresh pomegranate seeds for an adventure in texture. (via Drizzle and Dip)
8. Mascarpone Meringue Cake: Melt-in-your-mouth layers of buttercream, toasted meringue, chocolate ganache and the incredible richness of mascarpone make this black-and-white “cake” pure decadence. (via Sweetapolita)
9. Orange Blossom Meringues With Dark Chocolate Swirl: Thanks to the orange blossom water, when you bake these meringues the whole kitchen will be filled with the wonderful fragrance of orange and melted chocolate. (via Hummingbird High)
10. Raspberry Meringue Sandwiches With Whipped Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling: These meringue flowers are breathtaking and perfect for spring. It might take a little practice with a piping tip to get these perfect roses right, but the end result is absolutely worth the effort. (via Baking a Moment)
11. Rose Water Meringue Kisses: Meringues don’t have to be a big fancy dessert. Sometimes simple is better, like these little rose water kisses that you could enjoy plain or stuck together with chocolate ganache to make little meringue sandwiches. (via Cooking Melangery)
12. Nutella Meringues: How is it possible that one ingredient can make any recipe instantly perfect? Fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth meringue with thick swirls of Nutella. Perfection. (via Cream Puffs in Venice)
14. Banoffee Pavlova: On the richer end of desserts, this pavlova is inspired by the classic English banoffee pie and pulls together vanilla meringue, dulce de leche, fresh bananas and whipped cream into a sweet concoction. (via Coco e Baunilha)
15. Meyer Lemon, Berry, Thyme and Yogurt Pavlova: If you are craving citrus, this refreshing dessert combines a variety of bright flavors: fresh berries and thyme, rich lemon curd and tart Greek yogurt on a bed of airy vanilla meringue. (via La Peche Fraiche)
16. Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache Pavlova: No recipe roundup would be complete without a drizzle of salted chocolate; the light meringue and mascarpone filling is a nice contrast to the richness of salted caramel. (via Little Artisan Kitchen)
18. Double Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova: Raspberry and chocolate are one of those made-in-heaven flavor combinations. Chocolate meringue discs stacked with whipped cream and fresh raspberries are sure to satisfy any fruit deficiency you’ve been suffering this winter. (via What Katie Ate)
Do any of these recipes inspire you to whip up some meringue? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.