Mad for Meringue: 19 Delicious Meringue Recipes
Move over cupcakes, meringues are making a big statement on the dessert front. Similar to the macaron, these fat-free little confections are perfect for sticking to those healthy eating resolutions. Meringues can be dipped in chocolate, combined with fresh fruit or made into a gorgeous cream-filled dessert like a pavlova. Here we have recipes of the most delicious meringue desserts!
1. Pistachio Pavlova with Poached Kumquats: A delicate meringue flavored with pistachios and topped with lemon curd and candied kumquats will be a colorful dessert to brighten up your next dinner! (via Canelle et Vanille)
3. Pavlova With Rose Water Whipped Cream: If you are craving some spring and the weather will not cooperate, try this airy dessert with a hint of floral that feels light yet decadent at the same time. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Honeycomb, Chocolate and Almond Pavlova: Adding chocolate to meringue results in a chewier texture and a thinner disc which means you can add three tiers. The honeycomb is an unexpected flavor and the perfect accent to the chocolate and almonds. (via What Katie Ate)
5. Cherry Pavlova: If stacking layers sounds intimidating, then this is the meringue dessert for you. Part of the magic of meringue is that you can sculpt it into just about any form you want, including a pretty bowl that you can fill with cream, fruit and chocolate shavings. (via Call Me Cupcake)
6. Coffee Meringue Ice Cream Cake: What is it about ice cream cake that brings out the kid in us? Here is a more adult version where the sugary airiness of the meringue perfectly contrasts the richness of coffee ice cream. (via Martha Stewart)
7. Pink Swirl Meringues with Pomegranate Syrup: The pink pomegranate syrup swirling through these white clouds of meringue has us dreaming of afternoons in Paris. Top with piles of whipped cream and fresh pomegranate seeds for an adventure in texture. (via Drizzle and Dip)
8. Mascarpone Meringue Cake: Melt-in-your-mouth layers of buttercream, toasted meringue, chocolate ganache and the incredible richness of mascarpone make this black-and-white “cake” pure decadence. (via Sweetapolita)
9. Orange Blossom Meringues With Dark Chocolate Swirl: Thanks to the orange blossom water, when you bake these meringues the whole kitchen will be filled with the wonderful fragrance of orange and melted chocolate. (via Hummingbird High)
10. Raspberry Meringue Sandwiches With Whipped Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling: These meringue flowers are breathtaking and perfect for spring. It might take a little practice with a piping tip to get these perfect roses right, but the end result is absolutely worth the effort. (via Baking a Moment)
11. Rose Water Meringue Kisses: Meringues don’t have to be a big fancy dessert. Sometimes simple is better, like these little rose water kisses that you could enjoy plain or stuck together with chocolate ganache to make little meringue sandwiches. (via Cooking Melangery)
12. Nutella Meringues: How is it possible that one ingredient can make any recipe instantly perfect? Fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth meringue with thick swirls of Nutella. Perfection. (via Cream Puffs in Venice)
14. Banoffee Pavlova: On the richer end of desserts, this pavlova is inspired by the classic English banoffee pie and pulls together vanilla meringue, dulce de leche, fresh bananas and whipped cream into a sweet concoction. (via Coco e Baunilha)
15. Meyer Lemon, Berry, Thyme and Yogurt Pavlova: If you are craving citrus, this refreshing dessert combines a variety of bright flavors: fresh berries and thyme, rich lemon curd and tart Greek yogurt on a bed of airy vanilla meringue. (via La Peche Fraiche)
16. Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache Pavlova: No recipe roundup would be complete without a drizzle of salted chocolate; the light meringue and mascarpone filling is a nice contrast to the richness of salted caramel. (via Little Artisan Kitchen)
18. Double Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova: Raspberry and chocolate are one of those made-in-heaven flavor combinations. Chocolate meringue discs stacked with whipped cream and fresh raspberries are sure to satisfy any fruit deficiency you’ve been suffering this winter. (via What Katie Ate)
Do any of these recipes inspire you to whip up some meringue? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!