Mad for Meringue: 19 Delicious Meringue Recipes
Move over cupcakes, meringues are making a big statement on the dessert front. Similar to the macaron, these fat-free little confections are perfect for sticking to those healthy eating resolutions. Meringues can be dipped in chocolate, combined with fresh fruit or made into a gorgeous cream-filled dessert like a pavlova. Here we have recipes of the most delicious meringue desserts!
1. Pistachio Pavlova with Poached Kumquats: A delicate meringue flavored with pistachios and topped with lemon curd and candied kumquats will be a colorful dessert to brighten up your next dinner! (via Canelle et Vanille)
3. Pavlova With Rose Water Whipped Cream: If you are craving some spring and the weather will not cooperate, try this airy dessert with a hint of floral that feels light yet decadent at the same time. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Honeycomb, Chocolate and Almond Pavlova: Adding chocolate to meringue results in a chewier texture and a thinner disc which means you can add three tiers. The honeycomb is an unexpected flavor and the perfect accent to the chocolate and almonds. (via What Katie Ate)
5. Cherry Pavlova: If stacking layers sounds intimidating, then this is the meringue dessert for you. Part of the magic of meringue is that you can sculpt it into just about any form you want, including a pretty bowl that you can fill with cream, fruit and chocolate shavings. (via Call Me Cupcake)
6. Coffee Meringue Ice Cream Cake: What is it about ice cream cake that brings out the kid in us? Here is a more adult version where the sugary airiness of the meringue perfectly contrasts the richness of coffee ice cream. (via Martha Stewart)
7. Pink Swirl Meringues with Pomegranate Syrup: The pink pomegranate syrup swirling through these white clouds of meringue has us dreaming of afternoons in Paris. Top with piles of whipped cream and fresh pomegranate seeds for an adventure in texture. (via Drizzle and Dip)
8. Mascarpone Meringue Cake: Melt-in-your-mouth layers of buttercream, toasted meringue, chocolate ganache and the incredible richness of mascarpone make this black-and-white “cake” pure decadence. (via Sweetapolita)
9. Orange Blossom Meringues With Dark Chocolate Swirl: Thanks to the orange blossom water, when you bake these meringues the whole kitchen will be filled with the wonderful fragrance of orange and melted chocolate. (via Hummingbird High)
10. Raspberry Meringue Sandwiches With Whipped Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling: These meringue flowers are breathtaking and perfect for spring. It might take a little practice with a piping tip to get these perfect roses right, but the end result is absolutely worth the effort. (via Baking a Moment)
11. Rose Water Meringue Kisses: Meringues don’t have to be a big fancy dessert. Sometimes simple is better, like these little rose water kisses that you could enjoy plain or stuck together with chocolate ganache to make little meringue sandwiches. (via Cooking Melangery)
12. Nutella Meringues: How is it possible that one ingredient can make any recipe instantly perfect? Fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth meringue with thick swirls of Nutella. Perfection. (via Cream Puffs in Venice)
14. Banoffee Pavlova: On the richer end of desserts, this pavlova is inspired by the classic English banoffee pie and pulls together vanilla meringue, dulce de leche, fresh bananas and whipped cream into a sweet concoction. (via Coco e Baunilha)
15. Meyer Lemon, Berry, Thyme and Yogurt Pavlova: If you are craving citrus, this refreshing dessert combines a variety of bright flavors: fresh berries and thyme, rich lemon curd and tart Greek yogurt on a bed of airy vanilla meringue. (via La Peche Fraiche)
16. Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache Pavlova: No recipe roundup would be complete without a drizzle of salted chocolate; the light meringue and mascarpone filling is a nice contrast to the richness of salted caramel. (via Little Artisan Kitchen)
18. Double Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova: Raspberry and chocolate are one of those made-in-heaven flavor combinations. Chocolate meringue discs stacked with whipped cream and fresh raspberries are sure to satisfy any fruit deficiency you’ve been suffering this winter. (via What Katie Ate)
Do any of these recipes inspire you to whip up some meringue? Let us know in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.