20 Epic Alternatives to Peanut Butter
Creamy, crunchy, crave-worthy peanut butter. It seems like there might not be anything better than good ol’ PB, but the following 20 spreads beg to differ. Whether you aren’t allowed to touch peanut butter with a 10-foot pole or just want another option for your morning toast, you need these recipes in your life.
3. Pure Maple Butter: Holy schnikes. Did you people know this existed?! If so, why didn’t you tell us earlier! We can’t wait to try it, though making the stuff is a painstaking process that involves boiling pure maple syrup and then letting it slowly cool while you furiously whip it for half an hour. We’ll be enlisting someone else’s biceps for that. (via Oh She Glows)
8. Oreo Butter: Did your jaw just drop to the floor and then through the floor onto your downstairs neighbor’s floor? Thought so. It looks like black tar and we don’t even care. (via The Kitchen Paper)
10. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups With Smoked Sea Salt: Reese’s who? (via Slim Palate)
11. Guilt-Free Cookie Dough Butter: This magic is made with chickpeas, of all things. Usually we just eat the dough before it hits the oven anyway, so this way we don’t even have to pretend. (via Goodness Green)
16. Nikki’s Coconut Butter ($13): OMG, YOU CAN BUY THIS STUFF IN JARS. This solid gold spread comes in the most addictive flavors like Vanilla Cake Batter(!?), Pumpkin Spiced Donut and Honey Pecan Pie.
18. Graham Cracker Butter ($13): Williams-Sonoma, this is beyond genius. It also comes in cookies ‘n’ cream and vanilla wafer in case you are the only person in the world that is anti-graham cracker.
20. Speculoos Cookie Butter ($4): Yup, another jar of heaven. This one is made up of creamy pulverized gingerbreadiness.
What are you spreading and spooning at home? Tell us in the comments!