Creamy, crunchy, crave-worthy peanut butter. It seems like there might not be anything better than good ol’ PB, but the following 20 spreads beg to differ. Whether you aren’t allowed to touch peanut butter with a 10-foot pole or just want another option for your morning toast, you need these recipes in your life.
1. Vanilla Cashew Butter: Three ingredients and a food processor are all you need to make deez nuts into butter! (via Fit Foodie Finds)
2. Milk Chocolate Cashew Nutella: Hazelnuts and chocolate should never ever part, but this version substitutes cashews and it just works. (via How Sweet It Is)
3. Pure Maple Butter: Holy schnikes. Did you people know this existed?! If so, why didn’t you tell us earlier! We can’t wait to try it, though making the stuff is a painstaking process that involves boiling pure maple syrup and then letting it slowly cool while you furiously whip it for half an hour. We’ll be enlisting someone else’s biceps for that. (via Oh She Glows)
4. Milk Chocolate Salted Pecan Butter: You like where this is going, don’t you? (via Coffee + Quinoa)
5. Cranberry Swirl Walnut Butter: This is the updated and upgraded version of that PB+J-swirl jar that was all the rage in 1990… and still exists, by the way. (via Edible Perspective)
6. Pepita Butter: Firstly, make this pepita butter. Secondly, eat it all out of the jar while you’re supposed to be making maple pepita dressing for some sort of carrot salad. (via Vedged Out)
7. Pecan Pumpkin Butter: Kinda like pumpkin pie and pecan pie, so we needs in it our moufs. (via Confections of a Food Bride)
8. Oreo Butter: Did your jaw just drop to the floor and then through the floor onto your downstairs neighbor’s floor? Thought so. It looks like black tar and we don’t even care. (via The Kitchen Paper)
9. Chai Spice Almond Butter: Spice is nice. Rrrrreal nice. (via Edible Perspective)
10. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups With Smoked Sea Salt: Reese’s who? (via Slim Palate)
11. Guilt-Free Cookie Dough Butter: This magic is made with chickpeas, of all things. Usually we just eat the dough before it hits the oven anyway, so this way we don’t even have to pretend. (via Goodness Green)
12. Raw Macadamia Nut Fudge: Fudgey, buttery squares without the allergic reaction. Hooray! (via The Detoxinista)
13. Sunflower Seed Butter: This sun buttah is about as close as you’re going to get to traditional PB. (via Tessa the Domestic Diva)
14. Cardamom Rose Pistachio Butter: Cardamom is a global treasure. Paired with rose and pistachios, this green goodness is going to change your life. (via The Palate Peacemaker)
15.Crunchy Almond Butter: If you’re craving the crunch of the crunchiest peanut butter, this’ll do the trick. (via Chocolate + Zucchini)
16. Nikki’s Coconut Butter ($13): OMG, YOU CAN BUY THIS STUFF IN JARS. This solid gold spread comes in the most addictive flavors like Vanilla Cake Batter(!?), Pumpkin Spiced Donut and Honey Pecan Pie.
17. Honey-Sweetened Chestnut Butter: Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, chestnut butter up your nose… ugh, sorry. Christmas carol lyricists we are not. (via Food In Jars)
18. Graham Cracker Butter ($13): Williams-Sonoma, this is beyond genius. It also comes in cookies ‘n’ cream and vanilla wafer in case you are the only person in the world that is anti-graham cracker.
19. Tahini: Sesame seed paste is a key player in hummus and dressings, but it’s also great spread on toast like peanut butter. (via Yum Sugar)
20. Speculoos Cookie Butter ($4): Yup, another jar of heaven. This one is made up of creamy pulverized gingerbreadiness.
What are you spreading and spooning at home? Tell us in the comments!