23 Accent Pillows You Can’t Live Without
The term “throw pillows” fails to justify the power these fluffy accessories really have. Adding one or two interesting pillows can instantly cozy up a room and complete the look without spending thousands of dollars on furniture. If you don’t have the funds to invest in a few good pillows, hidden beneath our splurge-worthy options are a few DIY hacks as well.
1. Won’t Stop ($20): Have a case of the Mondays? You’ll need this pillow for your daily source of style inspiration.
2. Marimekko Kuukuna ($49): This pillow is suitable for any dapper man’s man cave. Lots of emphasis on the dapper part of that man.
3. Alabat ($200): Made by hand in the Philippines, this little puff gives an added pop of color to any muted space. This pillow comes free of buyers remorse, which, at that price, is a good thing.
4. African Spot Pillow ($86): We’re loving this versatility. A black and white print like this can dress up or dress down any colored sofa.
5. Work It Honey ($28): Our top pick of the roundup by far! Both sassy and chic, this pillow is very fun and sweet.
6. British Bouquet ($65): Interior Designer, Caitlin Wilson knows the way to a girl’s heart. This cushion is the perfect balance of both style and glamour.
7. Kyoto ($64): This pillow will brighten up a room of any shade. The bold pattern and color combination sits pretty, anywhere.
8. Isn’t She Lovely ($40): Stevie Wonder in your house! This cushion says it all. Both lovely and shabby-chic, any romantic room would benefit from its presence.
9. Char-Bea By Ashley G ($49): If you’re fond of Mid-Century, this color block pillow is most likely one of your favorites. Pair it with your Danish chair, mix up a Manhattan, and you’re ready to watch an episode of Mad Men.
10. Metallic Faux Knit Print ($20): Silver’s time to shine has past. Gold has made quite the comeback, and this metallic accent is no exception. Pair it with anything and everything black and white.
11. Kilim ($17): So many colors! So many patterns! The colorful Kilim can be found on Ebay all day, everyday.
12. Golden Arrow ($70): This pillow is a winter-white favorite, suitable for snow and sunshine-centric seasons.
13. Sequin Heart ($10): Spotted: A great housewarming or hostess gift. So hard not to love!
14. Orange Crush ($43): Take orange to a whole new level of awesome.
15. Tulipa Candy Pink ($197): This beauty is a serious statement pillow, suitable for either contemporary or traditional settings.
16. Road Bargello ($175): Jonathan Adler defines modern chic. And here he is, doing it in pillow form.
22. Sunprint Art: This sunprint selection is the crème de la crème. In fact, it kind of, sort of reminds us of our watercolor-inspired DIY. Got a little time on your hands? Then you’ve got yourself a beautiful, handmade accent pillow. (via Design Love Fest)
What pillow are you in the throes of passion over? Let us know in the comments below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.