Sometimes described as Italian grits, polenta is a paste or dough made from cornmeal that has the power to change a boring, blah meal into something creamy, delicious and full of texture. Whether you bake it or fry it, polenta works as a base for anything from pizza to pork. We’ve gathered 14 mouthwatering recipes for meals made with this magical ingredient, so get ready to dig in!
1. Polenta Vegetable Casserole: For the veggie lover in all of us, this polenta-based casserole is warm, gooey and (somewhat) healthy. (via Playin’ With My Food)
2. Polenta Tomato Salad: Swap out croutons for baked or fried polenta cubes. They’re just as tasty and add a different kind of crunch to your salad. (via Edibly Educated)
3. Polenta Scramble: Whip up this mixture for breakfast, or step outside the box and have breakfast for dinner! (via The Breakfast Drama Queen)
4. Chorizo Shrimp on Goat Cheese Polenta: Spicy shrimp and savory veggies make this taco relative super flavorful. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
5. Mexican Shredded Pork Polenta Bowl: Fall is approaching! ‘Tis the season for warm, soothing bowls of yum. (via Perpetually Hungry)
6. Mediterranean Kale and Polenta: We love anything involving kale. Throw in some Mediterranean flavors and accents and we’re already digging in. (via New Hippie Kitchen)
7. Baked Polenta and Tomato Salad: If you’re on a no-dairy kick or simply aren’t a cheese fan, caprese can still be a part of your life when you swap out the mozzarella for polenta slices! (via A Beautiful Mess)
8 Caramelized Shallot and Fig Polenta Pizza: Figs make everything more amazing. (Keepin’ It Kind)
9. Deconstructed Polenta Lasagna: Who says you need noodles to make lasagna? (The Ivy Blog)
10. Hot Sausage + Tomatoes Over Polenta: Now we’re talking Italian… with a tomato-based sauce and some herbs for taste, this meal is sure to be a hit at the dinner table. (via Willow Bird Baking)
11. Cheesy Polenta Jalapeno Poppers With Mango Salsa: Football season calls for many-a-meal eaten in front of the TV. Bite-size poppers are perfect for sharing! (via Nutrition Stripped)
12. Salmon and Courgette Stacks: Courgette is a summer squash that’s similar to zucchini. Paired with salmon and polenta, it’ll knock your socks off. (via Strands of My Life)
13. Lemony Garlic Pasta With Brussels Sprouts + Crispy Polenta: Sometimes we all need a break from spaghetti and meatballs. Mix it up with a lemon + garlic pasta that’s full of surprises (and polenta!). (via Produce on Parade)
14. Mini Deep Dish Polenta Pizza Pies: That’s right, pizza crust can be made from tons of different things, including polenta! (via Bev Cooks)
Are you a polenta fan? What’s your favorite way to dish it up? Share a recipe with us on Facebook!