Running is a great way to stay strong, keep a healthy heart, and feed your soul — but it’s important to take care of your bod’s post-workout needs. After all, we lose a fair amount of fluids and nutrients after a grueling sweat session. In addition to guzzling back copious amounts of H2O, it’s imperative to restore those carbs and proteins to speed up muscle recovery. In an effort to cover all the bases, we’ve found some deliciously nourishing lunch options that are easy to throw together. Read on and replenish.
1. Easy Mediterranean Chicken Wraps With Hummus: Chickpeas are a fabulous source of protein, so using hummus as a spread in chicken wraps is a brilliant way to fill up after a solid jog. (via Coffee and Crayons)
2. Scrambled Egg Toast With Roasted Asparagus: This post-run snack restores carbs while delivering a healthy dose of lean protein; add some roasted veggies for extra nutrition. (via Well Plated by Erin)
3. Low-Calorie Warm Steak Salad With Seared Tomato Vinaigrette: A hearty yet lean pan-seared strip steak is served atop crisp greens with a warm tomato vinaigrette, and it’s *totally* worth running for. (via Food Done Light)
4. Easy Healthy Turkey Bolognese: This recipe brings you whole wheat pasta with lean ground turkey for a healthful lunch that will fill you up and invigorate you. The best part is it serves four people, so grab some containers and meal prep for the week! (via Cooking With Bliss)
5. Curry Hummus Detox Sandwiches: These ‘wiches are jam-packed with healthy goodies like creamy avocado, crunchy cucumbers, and tangy pickled red onions, then slathered with hummus and herbed Greek yogurt. (via Little Kitchen. Big World)
6. Low Fodmap Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata Cups: These protein-rich single-serving frittatas deliver a hearty protein punch. (via Fun Without Fodmaps)
7. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Flatbread: Munching on crispy flatbread after a good workout is a thrilling reward, especially when it’s slathered with hummus and topped with red peppers and feta. (via The Almond Eater)
8. Spiced Sweet Potato and Hummus Buddha Bowl: If you’re short on time, just grab a bowl and fill it with a mound of brown rice, creamy avocado, veggies, and a generous dollop of protein-packed hummus. (via Rhian’s Recipes)
9. Dijon Dill Salmon Salad: This tangy and refreshing salad brings salmon, smokey roasted chickpeas, briny capers, and toasty carbs to your plate for a tasty and restorative lunch. (via Running to the Kitchen)
10. Turkey Pesto Pinwheels: Wraps are rolled up with lean slices of turkey, cream cheese, pesto, lettuce, and sun-dried tomatoes for a substantial on-the-go snack to munch on after your dash. (via Spiced)
For more nourishing post-workout eats, follow us on Pinterest.