23 Preserves Recipes JAMmed With Flavor
Getting ready to hunker down and hibernate? Take on these recipes and settle in! You can totally hold on to the tastes of warm weather in any season by making some preserves. Save practically anything you want for anytime you want. There’s even a strong possibility you can use an adorable mason jar to do it. What are you waiting for? Throw on some tunes and get ready to jam, dry and pickle.
1. Dried Orange Slices: Keep dried oranges handy and add to tea, cocoa or cake anytime you want. This recipes from Anula’s Kitchen makes drying super simple. Plus, your house will smell amazing while they’re in the oven. (via Anula’s Kitchen)
2. Strawberry Jalapeño Jam: Bagels and toast become very exciting with the sweet and spicy combo of strawberries and jalapeños. Consider it a surefire way to wake yourself up in the morning. (via Yea Yea Pueblo)
3. Applesauce: Applesauce is and always will be a pantry staple. It makes a great snack and is also clutch when you want to save some calories while baking. Save yourself a few bucks by making your own at home. (via Happy Money Saver)
4. Pickled Chard Stems: You may sauté or blanch your rainbow chard on the regular, but what else can be done with those beautifully hued stems? Caraway seeds, shallots and brown mustard brine the stems for a snack you’ll be stoked to much on. (via Bon Appetit)
6. Strawberry Peach Jam: Here’s a sweet treat that’ll liven up biscuits, English muffins and anything else you’d want to slather up. Two summertime staples get together to make this vibrant jam. Save it for when you need a warming pick-me-up. (via Something Swanky)
8. Roasted Red Peppers: Red peppers make a fab topping for sandwiches, but they’re also great on pizza, in pasta and pretty much anywhere you’d like a touch of sweetness. Make your own with this recipe from A Spicy Perspective and have them on hand for any meal needing an accessory. (via A Spicy Perspective)
9. Mixed Berry Preserves: If you love berries and can’t single out one you like best, this might be the jar of your dreams. Blackberries, raspberries and strawberries all come together for a super-fruity mix of preserves that will no doubt be delightful. No need to pick favorites here, especially when they’re all so good together. (via Centsational Girl)
13. Pickled Jalapeños: Spicy, slightly sour and addicting — these pickled jalapeños will be your go-to garnish or topping when you’re looking to add a kick to your lunch. (via Peanut Butter and Peppers)
14. Boozy Bacon Jam: Bacon lovers, rejoice. There is a jam for you. If you can’t handle missing out on a dose of carnivore candy, try this recipe that boasts the use of bacon, brown sugar and bourbon — a beautiful combination if we ever did taste one. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
15. Roasted Peppers in Olive Oil: Bottle up a rainbow of peppers by roasting any bells on hand and preserving them in olive oil. Use them for antipasto salads, panini sandwiches or wrapped around a ball of mozzarella. (via Foodie With Family)
17. Orange Grand Marnier Skillet Jam: Toast this skillet jam featuring Grand Marnier and bright citrus flavors. This is a great choice for a boozy weekend brunch with friends or breakfast in bed. (via Savory Simple)
18. Apricot Lavender Jam: Take a trip to France with mild apricot coupled with floral notes from calming lavender. This recipe has a romantic feel to it; consider packing up a picnic basket and bringing this along for an outdoor date. (via Lavender and Lovage)
19. Herbs Frozen in Olive Oil: Preserve your herbs and save on cooking prep time by freezing fresh herbs + olive oil in ice cube trays. When you’re ready to fire up the pan, drop in your oil cube and enjoy the aroma of those herbs waking back up. (via The Kitchn)
20. Blueberry Jam: We love a classic, and we only love them more when two ingredients are all you need. Blueberries + sugar = all you need, friends. Side note: We’re betting this would be delicious as a mix-in with Greek yogurt. (via A Pretty Life in the Suburbs)
21. Bread and Butter Pickles: Make slightly sweet pickle chips with this recipe. They’re a kid-pleaser, and they’re great on sandwiches and burgers. Fun fact: The trick to getting them extra crunchy is letting the sliced cucumbers rest with a smattering of salt. (via White on Rice Couple)
23. Cranberry Pineapple Mango Preserves: Add some tropical tastes to the inherent tartness in cranberry preserves. Bring this one to Thanksgiving, and get everyone excited about a new tradition. (via Averie Cooks)
Did we leave a good taste in your mouth with these picks? What’s your favorite take on preserves? Drop us a line in the comments!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.