While we’re all about the warm weather, salty oceans, and breezy winds of summer, our hair is not. Harmful UV rays and chlorine from the pool leave our strands dry, dull, and broken. Yuck! Obvs, we want to avoid ruining our locks — but still be able to enjoy a frozen drink outside — so beauty products that protect and repair are major must-haves this season. Add these eight picks to your summer beauty arsenal and hop on that pool float worry-free!
1. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Gel-to-Oil Overnight Repair Treatment ($28): We’ve all heard of sleeping face masks, but hair masks that you wear while you snooze are equally as epic. This nutrient-rich, overnight repair treatment will leave your locks strong, hydrated, and repaired.
2. Earth’s Nectar Nourish ($24): After a day bummin’ at the beach, your hair will be begging for some love, and that’s exactly what it’ll get with this leave-in, conditioning detangler. Created with aloe juice, vitamin E, and black willow bark extract, dry, damaged hair will be left strong, repaired, and touchably soft.
3. Artnaturals Coconut & Lime Hair Mask ($13): Whether your hair is damaged from over-processing or baking out in the sun for a little too long, you won’t regret going for a deep conditioning mask like this pick. Slather it on for up to 2o minutes to protect your tresses and strengthen ’em with coconut, lime, aloe leaf, and rosehip.
4. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ for Face/Body ($36): Say hello to your new BFF for the summer. Considering it was formulated with moisturizing, strengthening ingredients, like rose apple leaf extract and SPF 50+, go ahead and use all over your hair, face, and body.
5. Phytoplage Protective Sun Veil ($30): Spritz this water-resistant spray on strands before heading to the beach or pool. Calendula softens while sunflower extract guards against anti-oxidants and UV damage.
6. Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protection ($30): Many heat protectors only safeguard against the damage from hot tools, but this artichoke leaf-infused wonder safeguards your hair from the harmful effects of UVA/UVB exposure. It’s a hot weather must-have — trust.
7. Tresemme Climate Control Climate Protection Finishing Spray ($6): You know how frustrating it is when you’ve done your hair and then walked outside only to have it fall flat? This lightweight finishing spray can totally eliminate that warm-weather struggle. With a spritz of this finisher, your mane will hold up to humidity, the wind, and static. Take that, summer!
8. Reverie Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment ($42): Blending 16 essential oils like coconut, olive, and almond, this lightweight cream treatment does it all and then some. Your ‘do will be totally protected against frizz, lack of moisture, and that dull, brittle vibe without feeling like you have tons of product in your hair.
Tweet us your favorite summer hair products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.