Make This Toasty Pumpkin Spice Snack to Stash at Your Desk
We’re big fans of being well prepared in the workplace, from finding the best functional decor hacks to staying on track with a stylish agenda to grabbing the ultimate snack to get you through the day. Today we’ve teamed up with Almond Board of California to introduce you to this seriously addictive pumpkin-spiced almond trail mix, packed with energy for whatever the day brings.
With these delicious toasty snacks by your side, there’s nothing you can’t conquer! Whether it’s the day before a big deadline, a rigorous weekend hike or an all-day race courtesy of your kids, this flavor-packed mix has got you covered. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to put it all together.
Makes 8 cups of trail mix
Pumpkin Spiced Almonds
– 4 cups whole natural almonds
– 1 egg white
– 1 teaspoon water
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
– ½ tablespoon salt
– 4 cups pumpkin spiced almonds
– 2 cups pretzels
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread almonds onto an ungreased baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes and then let cool for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Whisk together the egg white and teaspoon of water until the mixture becomes frothy.
3. Stir in the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until evenly mixed and then stir in your toasted almonds.
4. Evenly spread your coated almonds onto a greased cookie sheet, flattening out any large clumps with the back of a spoon or spatula.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted and no longer look sticky.
6. Transfer to wax paper and then let cool for another 20 minutes.
7. Stir pumpkin spiced almonds together with chocolate chips, pretzels and dried cranberries to complete your trail mix!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then spread the almonds in a single layer onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake almonds for 10 minutes and then let cool for about 20 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together the egg white and teaspoon of water until the mixture becomes frothy.
Stir in the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until evenly mixed and then stir in your toasted almonds to coat them.
Evenly spread your coated almonds onto a greased cookie sheet, flattening out any large clumps with the back of a spoon or spatula.
Bake for 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted and no longer look sticky. Transfer to wax paper and then let cool for another 20 minutes.
These pumpkin spiced almonds are crazy good on their own, but to really kick up this snack party, we added a few more ingredients into the mix – chocolate chips, dried cranberries and pretzels.
Mix together these ingredients or a favorite combination of your own and spoon into cute baggies to share with your whole team.
For one last touch, we wrote some words of encouragement onto these little gift tags and tied everything up in a bow. There’s been many a deadline at Brit + Co where these energy-boosting snack bags would be more than welcome!
The almonds in this mix provide a healthy dose of protein and fiber that will keep you going all day long and fend off cravings – so we’re basically sold. This first batch was so successful with our team, we’re keeping these stocked in the staff kitchen from now on!
What other snack recipes are keeping you going when the clock strikes three? Tell us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Almond Board of California.
Recipe Production and Styling: Lee Schellenberger
Photography: Kurt Andre