19 Red Wine Recipes That Will Make You Drunk With LOVE
If there’s anything a foodie loves possibly more than food, it’s wine. And that’s basically true whether it comes in a bottle, box or can. Combine the two obsessions, food and wine, and you’ve got a foodie love fest on your hands. Naturally, foods with wine cooked *in* are a double win. Many French classics employ wine, but you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to experiment. From burgers to pasta to sammies and more (like the red wine hot chocolate that we all freaked out over), wine can bring your everyday meals up a notch whether you’re dining solo or laying out a spread for your buds. Here are 19 red wine recipes that are guaranteed to rack up the foodie Likes.
1. Wine & Cheese Grilled Cheese: A wine and cheese sammy is so genius, why hasn’t any one thought of this before? Just take your fave wine and give it a quick reduction, spread it on the bread, stack the cheese, grill and DEVOUR! (via BS’ in the Kitchen)
2. The Ultimate Tempeh Reuben: This sammy is a great vegan option — just leave off the cheese. The red-wine soaked sauteed onions are so savory, even the carnivores in the house will be begging for a taste. (via Traveling Fork)
3. Red Wine Burgers With Mushrooms & Goat Cheese: Calling all Julia Child aficionados! This wine-soaked burger is easy peasy to make, and tastes like Beef Bourguignon on a bun. SCORE. (via Adventures in Cooking)
4. Mediterranean Meatloaf in the Slow Cooker: Everyone loves meatloaf, but it can get a bit boring, crying out for lots of herbs and spices and condiments. Not this baby! The red wine, homemade tomato sauce, oozing cheese and bacon take it to the next level. (via Recipe This)
5. Braised Meatballs in Red Wine Gravy: These giant meatballs are sauteed in a full-bodied wine sauce that’s so thick, it acts as a wonderful gravy on a bed of mashed potatoes. Meat and potatoes FTW. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
6. Smoked Ancho Chile Salted Steaks With Drunken Sweet Cherries & Burrata: The smoked ancho chili salt gives these braised steaks a real wild west-style flavor. But the drunken cherries are the real star of this show. They provide a perfect sweet balance to the creamy Burrata cheese. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Creamy Garlic Parmesan Red Wine Spaghetti: Want to liven up your weekday pasta nights? Get your taste buds around a plate of rich red wine spaghetti topped with creamy garlic Parmesan cheese. (via Eatwell 101)
8. Four-Cheese Drunken Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta Bake: It’s that the time of year for cozy, one-pan bakes. This one calls for all kinds of staples from your pantry, elevated by a nice pour of red wine. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Braised Oxtails With Homemade Red Wine Pasta: These boozy braised oxtails are resting on a heaping platter of noodles. Made-from-scratch meal, even your leftovers are so nice to come home to. (via Leite’s Culinaria)
10. Red Wine Chorizo Bites With Crusty Bread: This recipe calls for just four ingredients and cooks up in less than 20 minutes. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve at your next happy hour or get together. (via Cooking and Beer)
11. Red Wine Roasted Mushrooms on Goat Cheese Garlic Toasts: There is something so wonderful about crusty bread with goat cheese, especially when it’s topped with wine-soaked mushrooms. Take this to your next tailgate party and you’ll be everyone’s BFF. (via How Sweet It Is)
12. Fig Salad With Prosciutto, Toasted Pine Nuts & Honey Red Wine Reduction: Figs were said to be the fruit of the gods in Greek tradition. Well, they are AH-mazing paired here with salty prosciutto, tangy blue cheese and peppery watercress. But it’s the red wine and honey drizzle that makes this salad taste… divine. (via Reclaiming Yesterday)
13. Red Wine Brownies With Drunken Cranberries: These rich, fudgy brownies are the best way to have your wine and eat it too. Make sure you use a red wine that you love, so you can cleanse your palate between bites, because yeah, that’s a thing. (via A Cookie Named Desire)
14. Red Wine Chocolate Cake: Chocolate and wine are a classic pairing and this red wine chocolate cake is their love child — tender, velvety and decadent. Be sure to invite some friends over, because desserts this delicious simply must be shared. (via Broma Bakery)
15. Red Wine Cherry and Mascarpone Cream Tart: This pastry is like a cherry-cheese Danish — but the cherries have been soaking in red wine. It’s just slightly sweet, thanks to the glaze on top, making it perfect for a four o’clock pick-me-up with a cup of joe. (via From My Dining Table)
16. Goat Cheese Ice Cream With Blackberry Red Wine Swirl: Blackberries, goat cheese and red wine make for a great combo on a cheese platter, so why not apply that to ice cream?! Sour cream or goat cheese always makes an ice cream set extra thick, plus it adds a delicious tang to offset the sweetness of the sugar in the wine sauce. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
17. Red Wine Hot Chocolate: If you had to choose a food you liked better than wine, would it be chocolate? Thank goodness you don’t have to choose. When you’re whipping up your next batch of seasonal glogg, whisk in a bit of cocoa and voila! — red wine hot chocolate. (Brit + Co)
18. Merlot Hot Fudge Sauce: Words can’t even begin to describe this incredible sauce. Pour it over cold vanilla ice cream and add just the tiniest sprinkle of sea salt to all that melty goodness. The taste is pure wine-chocolate nirvana. (via Eat, Live, Run)
19. Red Wine Marshmallows & Dark Chocolate: Oh, em, gee these homemade red wine marshmallows dipped in chocolate are THE BEST. When was the last time you let yourself be TRULY indulgent? No matter what your answer, it’s been too long. (via The Pike Place Kitchen)
Are you pining over these rich red wine recipes? Follow us on Pinterest for more.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)