Like most people in the world, here at Brit + Co., we’re big fans of summer. And one of the best things about summer? Citrus — it’s synonymous with the season. We’re always on the lookout for new and unexpected ways to use these zesty fruits — other than in our fave cocktails and cakes, of course. Get ready for an immunity and collagen boost, use lemons to deck out a super sunny table and whip up one of these savory citrus dishes for your next summer bash!
1. Grapefruit Tarragon Gin and Tonic: First things first, summer means alfresco happy hours galore. Dress up your gin and tonic with fresh herbs and shot of fresh grapefruit juice and enjoy this seasonal twist on a classic! (via Food 52)
2. Smoked Salmon Lavash Wrap With Lemon-Dill Cream Cheese: Liven up your lunch hour with this delicious and healthy wrap. Light and refreshing, this is the perfect meal to get you through the last few hours ’til you can have one of those grapefruit tarragon G ‘n’ Ts. (via The Cozy Apron)
3. Fish and Chips Tacos With a Chipotle Lime Dressing: Put a new spin on two pub classics — combine tacos with fish and chips! We’re so excited to try this update on another of our summer essentials, fish tacos. But we’re left with one question: Is there any food you can’t improve by the addition of French fries? (via Taste and Tell)
4. Summer Squash Tartines With Ricotta, Rosemary and Lemon: These tartines (or, as we call them, fancy toasts) are sublime with creamy ricotta brightened up by lemon zest. Though the creator uses summer squash, just about any fresh summer produce would work well here. We’re thinking tomatoes from our new garden. (via Eats Well With Others)
5. Ginger Citrus Soba and Snow Peas: So good you won’t even notice it’s vegan, and it’s easily made gluten-free, too! Two kinds of citrus and Sriracha dress up this easy weeknight meal. (via Love and Lemons)
8. Citrus Ginger Tofu Salad With Buckwheat Soba Noodles: So we know we sort of already covered this concept, but we loved this recipe too much not to share it as well. It provides calcium for veg-heads, and the flavor improves the longer it marinates, so you can easily make it ahead of time! (via Food 52)
9. Roasted Sable Fish With Spot Prawn Risotto and a Citrus Beurre Blanc: Here’s another easy dish that brings big wow factor. You just need the patience to stir the risotto. (via Kitchen Culinaire)
10. Crying Tiger Steak: This steak is marinated in fish sauce and topped with a sweet and spicy Thai relish. Have an Asian adventure right in your own kitchen, no need to wait in tedious TSA lines! (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
11. Lime Infused Jalapeño Popper Corn Fritters: Another great bar food mashup — jalapeño poppers and fritters! We’re taking this great combo a step further (several steps, really) with lime juice, bacon and avocado. (via Closet Cooking)
12. Devil Salad With Chili-Lime Vinaigrette: This is one of those rare and beautiful salads we could eat every day without getting tired of it. A feast for the eyes as well as the stomach, it’s got spicy chorizo, avocado and gooey runny eggs. (via From the Kitchen)
13. Chipotle Chicken and Andouille Sausage Sliders: We want these for our next barbecue. Spicy chicken sausage sliders are smothered in white cheddar and a chipotle lime Greek yogurt aioli. Plus, it’s got a bonus recipe for cauliflower slider buns for the gluten-averse among us. (via The Housewife in Training Files)
14. Meyer Lemon Pizza: Yep, lemons on a pizza. We were skeptical too, but the lemon really plays up the prosciutto, goat cheese and spinach. Someone just kicked Friday Pizza Night up a notch. (via How Sweet Eats)
Have we convinced you to eat citrus for dinner yet? Know of any other weird savory citrus combos that turned out to be mind-blowingly good?