Oscars or Olympics? We’ve Got 23 Golden Sippers That Celebrate Both!
Why gold drinks you ask? Do we really have to spell it out? Firstly, we’ve got a bunch of gold-medal TV watching to do concerning the Sochi Olympics. Secondly… hello? Oscars! No matter what sort of winner you’re toasting, a Midas-touched tipple is the appropriate answer. We’ve done some gold digging of our own, and now we’re coming back to you with our favorite ways to stay golden.
1. Ginger Prosecco: Impressive and so easy to make, this cocktail is a combo of prosecco and ginger beer. And that foam? It’s cotton candy covered in edible gold stars, and it’s stellar. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. White Cosmos: It’s snowy white enough for the Olympics and chic enough for the Oscars, and seeing as it’s a cosmo, you can have a Sex and The City rewatching party post other viewing party. (via Le Blougue)
14. Fish House Punch: This classy communal cocktail goes by a curious name. And if by chance you really do end up taking it into the icehouse, we might consider breaking out a reel and joining you. (via The Kitchn)
16. Toasted Marshmallow Rimming Sugar ($4): Alright, if you want to attempt the gold-sugar-rimmed glasses we just showed you, you’re going to need some edible glitter. Etsy to the rescue. Rather than just going for a regular sweet flavor, we suggest toasted marshmallow for a more wintery vibe.
20. Cranberry Cubes: In case you and your pals are casual sippers, you’re going to need a solution to keep the bubbly cold. Frozen cranberries get the job done with a splash of red-carpet-inspired color. (via Waiting on Martha)
Think these cocktails are as gold as gold? Let us know in the comments below!