Oscars or Olympics? We’ve Got 23 Golden Sippers That Celebrate Both!
Why gold drinks you ask? Do we really have to spell it out? Firstly, we’ve got a bunch of gold-medal TV watching to do concerning the Sochi Olympics. Secondly… hello? Oscars! No matter what sort of winner you’re toasting, a Midas-touched tipple is the appropriate answer. We’ve done some gold digging of our own, and now we’re coming back to you with our favorite ways to stay golden.
1. Ginger Prosecco: Impressive and so easy to make, this cocktail is a combo of prosecco and ginger beer. And that foam? It’s cotton candy covered in edible gold stars, and it’s stellar. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. White Cosmos: It’s snowy white enough for the Olympics and chic enough for the Oscars, and seeing as it’s a cosmo, you can have a Sex and The City rewatching party post other viewing party. (via Le Blougue)
14. Fish House Punch: This classy communal cocktail goes by a curious name. And if by chance you really do end up taking it into the icehouse, we might consider breaking out a reel and joining you. (via The Kitchn)
16. Toasted Marshmallow Rimming Sugar ($4): Alright, if you want to attempt the gold-sugar-rimmed glasses we just showed you, you’re going to need some edible glitter. Etsy to the rescue. Rather than just going for a regular sweet flavor, we suggest toasted marshmallow for a more wintery vibe.
20. Cranberry Cubes: In case you and your pals are casual sippers, you’re going to need a solution to keep the bubbly cold. Frozen cranberries get the job done with a splash of red-carpet-inspired color. (via Waiting on Martha)
Think these cocktails are as gold as gold? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)