Get Sophisticated With 12 Semifreddo Recipes
If you’re looking to upgrade your go-to summer sweet treat and try something fancier than a plain old ice cream cone, we have one word for you: semifreddo. These semi-frozen desserts really know how to class things up by mixing some of our favorite things together into one scintillating masterpiece. And while they look and taste super fancy, these glorious frozen goods couldn’t be simpler to make. Step it up a notch this summer with one of these 12 semifreddo recipes.
2. Snickers Semifreddo Cake: Snickers lovers, rejoice! You can totally serve a gigantic frozen Snickers bar for dessert. One of our fave candy bars gets transformed into a refreshing layered ice cream cake, perfect for the end of a dinner party. (via Bakers Royale)
3. Strawberry Pistachio Semifreddo: Mint green and pastel pink. We love this dreamy color scheme, transformed into a yummy summertime treat! This would be a great baby shower or bridal shower dessert. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
5. Lavender Blueberry Semifreddo: Fresh blueberries get an unexpected kick from lavender here. The floral and fruity flavors mingle, creating a soft pastel shade and a delicate, mouthwatering flavor. (via Kitchen Table Scraps)
6. Roasted Plumcot Semifreddo: It’s stone fruit season, and we’re folding them into every recipe we can get our hands on. Roasted plumcots are a particularly decadent way to serve seasonal produce, especially when they’re suspended in a creamy semifreddo. (via Adventures In Cooking)
11. Olallieberry Semifreddo: Can’t find olallieberries? You can still whip up this gorgeous color pop dessert by substituting in any fresh berries. We think blackberries would make a delicious stand-in. (via Desserts For Breakfast)
Have you ever made a semifreddo? Are you trying out any new summer recipes this season? Leave us a comment and let us know what treats you’re making!