30 Tasteful Ways to Wear See-Through Clothing
It’s officially the summer of see-through. Lovely fabrics like lace, tulle, mesh and chiffon are covering cutouts on everything from platforms to bomber jackets to reveal a flirty peep of sun-kissed skin. But sheer doesn’t have to equal skimpy as we show with these 30 tasteful ways to keep the sheer and clear trend classy.
1. Solid Panel Tank ($43): We love the way the opaque panel hugs the center of this blush colored top. A long bandeau top would match the strapless shape and provide just enough cover up.
2. Knit Mesh Skater Dress ($59): Cool cutout shapes are tethered to this dress with contrasting mesh. The chevron front and double-diamond back give this dress some bold drama.
3. Cutout Bib Necklace ($13): Chunky collar necklaces are adding a cheery touch to bare necklines everywhere, and this clear bib is no exception. Golds studs assure that this ghostly accessory won’t go unnoticed.
4. Plastic Heart Sandal ($70): We’re lovestruck by the jeweled leather hearts “floating” on these completely clear T-straps. Rock a red half moon pedi with these puppies because your feet deserve the adoration.
5. Mesh Dress ($109): Leather studded shoulders and a hi-low hem erase our capture-the-flag memories of mesh tops. Layer this sporty tunic on top of a crop top with a sweetheart neckline and patterned leggings.
7. Leonard Sunglasses ($170): It’s clear skies ahead with these wayfarer-style sunnies! Green ombre lenses and classic tortoise shell earpieces make it a true statement piece.
8. Lime Lace Top ($35): We’re all about the contrast of delicate ivory lace and bold neon detail. To add even more pop, slip on a charcoal cami underneath this vintage-inspired top.
9. Lady Boho Maxi ($30): Be an effortless beauty in this flowy frock. The ornate boho pattern keeps this sheer piece exquisitely understated.
10. Jewel Diamond Glass Ring ($94): Mirror, mirror on my ring, who has got the coolest bling? Ok, so maybe they’re not pro fortune telling tools, but we’d still stare deep into these dazzling crystal orbs.
11. Honeycomb Collar Pins ($19): These geometric collar pins will punch up any stiff chambray shirt. We love that its iridescent finish will shimmer as you strut.
12. Embellished Pencil Skirt ($160): We never pass up a chance to look pretty in pink. The nude colored mini is a perfect canvas for the beaded detail to really shine.
14. Invisible Side Panel Heel ($90): How can you not expect to turn heads with these see-through attention grabbers? These hot heels have to be serious culprits of the double take.
15. Lucite Watch ($125): Lucite links offer up the spotlight to this polished rose gold watch face. Don’t leave for the pool without this waterproof timekeeper.
16. Lace Bomber Jacket ($45): Leave your leather behind with this lacy bomber jacket. This girly makeover is a total win.
17. Clear Choice Blouse ($44): Clear cutouts create an elegant neckline on this otherwise basic black blouse. We love how the vinyl triangles give off a subtle sheen.
18. Jailbird Dress ($195): This vegan leather shift dress is in the running to be this summer’s closet classic. A mesh neckline and hemline make the design feel ultra modern.
19. Plexi Ring ($60): Need a fierce finger accessory that’s fit for an ice queen? The ring’s steep summit is sided with metal that gives it a slightly industrial look.
20. Floral Frame Kimono ($142): Cardigans have their calling, just not when there’s a fabulous kimono around. Queue the glamourous wind-blown entrance, please!
21. Ceci Lucite Bag ($99): You’ve got to be one tough cookie to carry this chain mail lined bag. A little scary? Sure, but there’s no denying it’s one of the coolest purse linings we’ve seen.
22. Lucite Wedges ($129): Feel like you’re on cloud nine? Maybe it’s because you look like you’re floating on air! These clear platforms are the latest to make our must-have list for summer.
23. Long Sleeved Cropped Top ($50): This top is the perfect balance of sexy and sophisticated. Complete cover with long sleeves and a braided mini turtleneck is what keeps this crop top looking classy.
24. Paneled Tote ($82): Tote your treasures in this two-toned carry-all. Emerald and aqua is now one of our favorite color combos.
25. Scallop Mesh T-shirt ($60): A scalloped edge always adds a flirty twist to any top. We love how the white polka dots are mirrored in a darker color on the mesh panel.
26. Bloom Street Skater Skirt ($42): We’re including this opaque skirt in the roundup because of the beautiful sheer illusion it gives. The bright floral pattern is perfectly placed – dense around the waist and gently scattered at the hem.
27. Bow Bracelet ($8): We’ve heard of black tie and white tie, but what does clear tie indicate? If you left it up to us, it would be glitter-only attire.
28. Sheer Stripe Blouse ($42): This not-so-sheer blouse highlights what’s fun about a small amount of sheer detail – it can be a total surprise! We’d keep our our belly button from playing peekaboo with high waisted jeans.
29. Sheer Shot Blazer ($68): How cool is this sheer blazer? We’d definitely wear it to the office with a colorful racerback tank.
30. Light-Up Trainer ($132): Raise your hand if you had light-up gym shoes when you were a kid. Now raise your hand if you would totally rock the look as an adult because, come on, how cool is that? This summer sneaker find totally brightened our day!
What’s your favorite transparent piece in your wardrobe? Share it with us in the comments below!