14 Fresh Slaw Recipes to Add Crunch to Your Lunch
International flavors and a rainbow of crispy, crunchy goodness — these recipes put an imaginative twist on the season’s finest produce, bringing you fresh mixes that are as versatile as they are delicious. None of that soggy, tasteless coleslaw around here — just finely shredded veg, dressed to the nines for a pop of flavor that will make it hard to stop.
1. Grilled Corn Coleslaw With Tangy Lime Dressing: A tangy slaw dotted with grilled summer corn? Yes, please! If you don’t have a grill, or if you do and it’s rainy, simply “grill” your corn on a gas stove for an easy indoor hack. (via My Invisible Crown)
2. Carrot-Pineapple Slaw: Creamy, sweet and crunchy – this vibrant orange slaw is a star among salads. We think it would go perfectly with grilled tofu, for a fresh and flavorful vegetarian dinner. (via Food Network Magazine)
3. Mexican Slaw Recipe With Mango, Avocado + Cumin Dressing: This Mexican slaw is far more than your average taco topper. With a kick of jalepeño, creamy avocado and sweet mango chunks, it’s its own fiesta! (via Cookin’ Canuck)
4. Easiest Ever Five-Minute Thai Peanut-Ginger Slaw: Bagged salad doesn’t have to be drab! This recipe uses bagged broccoli slaw, which gets dressed up with a few Asian-inspired ingredients for all of the crunch with none of the fuss. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
5. Pickleback Slaw: Those artisan pickles you got at the farmers market were a sensible purchase after all! But don’t just munch on the spears! Use the juice to dress this pickleback slaw, inspired by NYC chef Zakary Pelaccio. (via The New York Times)
6. Citrus-Mango Slaw: Leave it to Martha to flawlessly blend sweet and savory into a fresh slaw that’s both satisfying and picture perfect! It would be great with some heart-healthy salmon. (via Martha Stewart)
7. Indonesian Slaw With Spicy Peanut Dressing: Who said healthy food had to be boring? Big, bold flavors of Sriracha, peanut and pineapple make this recipe so much more than just a salad. (via Just A Smidgen)
8. Classic Buttermilk Coleslaw: This paired-down classic coleslaw reveals the secret to a creamy slaw with no sogginess. Splurge on real buttermilk for an unbeatably tangy yum factor. We dare ya! (via Whole And Heavenly Oven)
9. Vegan Celebration Salad: Nothing like a little tahini to get you rocking that bikini! If an influx of treats at summer barbecues and office potlucks has you feeling sluggish, a dose of crunchy carrots and omega-3s is sure to get you back on track. (via Great Tasting Vegan)
10. Green Bean Slaw: This pick uses tender green beans as a base, rather than traditional cabbage. Dressed in a simple honey mustard vinaigrette, it’s a healthy crowd-pleaser for your next potluck! (via Food and Wine)
11. Stuffed Avocados With Crunchy Asian Slaw: Simple Asian slaw becomes infinitely cuter when tucked into little avocado cups. These slaw-stuffed avos are perfect as an appetizer if you’re having friends over, or you can pair them with hard boiled eggs for lunch! (via Coffee and Quinoa).
12. Kale Slaw With Lemon Sesame Dressing: Enjoying your kale slaw-style is a great way to soften it, since chopping it finely and marinating it in a vinaigrette tenderizes the kale into a nutritious make-ahead lunch. (via The View From Great Island)
13. Asian Brussels Sprout Slaw: If you’ve never had your Brussels raw, you’re in for a treat! Crisp and delicious shredded Brussels sprouts are the perfect canvas for a bold dressing and crunchy add-ins. (via Cookie and Kate)
14. Rainbow Slaw With Sweet Tahini Dressing: This slaw is a rainbow in a bowl and a party in your mouth. Customize it to whatever you’ve got in your Fridge — the more colors, the better! (via Lunchbox)
Do you like your slaw scooped on sandwiches, as a simple side or as a light bite on its own? Let us know in the comments below!