Summer is comin’ in HOT! That means sunshine, beach days, and getaways. To feel our best and most confident this time of year, we focus on eating Lean, Clean, ’N Green with the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan. That means eating whole, clean, unprocessed foods like lean proteins, healthy fats, and lots of veggies — plus amazing and healthy treats. We’re talking muffins, cookies, pancakes, smoothies, waffles, and donuts. All SO delicious and protein-packed to boost your metabolism and help you form gorgeous, lean muscle!
Today we’re sharing three of our favorite slimming summer treats you’ll love. These are all featured from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan — join now and you’ll have thousands of amazing recipes at your fingertips. Plus, you’ll gain access to every edition of the plan, including our new Bikini Series Meal Plan with more summer recipes and meal-by-meal guides. Enjoy, babe!
Strawberry Shortcake Mini Muffins
This sweet treat is one of our absolute favorites from the Bikini Series Meal Plan. These muffins are simple, perfect for summer with fresh strawberries, and amazing to take with you on the go. They’re made with clean, plant-based, non-GMO Tone It Up Protein, which boosts your metabolism and helps you form lean muscle!
(Makes 18 mini muffins (serving size is three mini muffins))
- 3/4 cup vanilla Tone It Up Protein
- 3/4 cup oat flour (or almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients except strawberries.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Gently fold in the strawberries.
6. Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray and add in the muffin batter.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
This orange creamy smoothie is what dreams are made of! Made with our coconut Tone It Up Protein, it has a fresh and vibrant taste that will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you all the summer feels!
Makes one serving
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 scoop coconut Tone It Up Protein
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth! Enjoy!
Coconut Macaroon Cookie
This light and fluffy, protein-packed treat is made with a base of banana and our clean, plant-based, non-GMO Tone It Up Protein, making it the perfect slimming treat!
Pro Tip: You can make a batch of these and store in the fridge or freezer. Just reheat when you’re ready to eat! ;)
Makes 14 cookies (one cookie per serving)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg (or 1 flax egg)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 scoops vanilla Tone It Up Protein
- coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
3. On a cookie sheet sprayed with coconut oil spray, add two tbsp. of the mixture to make 14 macaroons. Bake for 13 minutes.
(Photos via Tone It Up)