Everything You *Need* to Throw an Epic Spring Break Party
Aside from hopping on a plane to one of the top spring break 2016 destinations, throwing an epic spring break party — abroad, at your friend’s pool or in your own backyard — is an absolute must. But before you break out the cocktails, you’ll need to be fully stocked with the latest and greatest party essentials. Pineapple piñatas, flamingo lights and pizza pool floats are just a few of the fun picks you’ll find below. Scroll on to get the party started, and get ready to bust out those spring break bathing suits because you’re only a few steps away from rocking out all break long.
1. Urban Outfitters Good Vibes Disposable Camera ($14): Look back on all the memories you make by taking loads of photos. There’s no better way to capture those awesome moments than with this cool disposable camera, which comes with a unique set of prints and backgrounds with every flash.
2. Uncommon Goods Bluetooth Droplet Speaker ($75): Nothing beats blasting your favorite tunes at the beach or pool. This water- and sand-resistant bluetooth speaker lets you jam out at the hottest spots without having to worry about any party damage.
3. Urban Outfitters Pizza Slice Pool Float ($48): Imagine how excited your friends will be once they hear that not only will you be serving pizza at your pool party, but you’ll also have a pizza pool float. Snag a slice of this action for a party covered in all the right toppings.
7. Oh Happy Day Watermelon Plates ($6): There’s nothing worse than having to wash dishes at the end of a party. Skip that nightmare by handing each of your guests one of these adorable watermelon plates.
8. Century Novelty Tropical Drink Stirrers ($4): You can spruce up your drinks in a flash with these neon drink stirrers. They’re great for a Hawaiian or tropical-themed party.
9. Sunnylife Beach Seat ($65): Every party-goer knows that once it starts to get crowded, seats get scarce. Now you won’t have to worry about finding a seat at that beach bonfire. Just pop open one of these folding chairs for a comfy place to sit while you sip on your favorite drink.
11. Sunnylife Cactus Ice Trays 2 Set ($19): Now you can bring the party to your ice cubes with this set of trays. The cactus shapes will really step up the *cool* factor for all those fruity drinks.
12. Flashing Cocktail Shaker ($15): Show off your bartending skills with this flashing cocktail shaker. Your friends won’t want to take their eyes off you every time you throw together a drink.
13. Brookstone Floating Waterproof Table Tennis ($80): Get some friendly competition going with a game of table tennis… in the pool! Your friends can cheer you on from their floats as you rack up those points.
14. Graffiti Beach Gold Glitter Wine Bottle Opener ($12): If your idea of a good time is a small get-together with your favorite people and wine, this gold glitter wine bottle opener is here to make those dreams come true. Just remember, after all those finals or work assignments, you deserve it.
15. Sunnylife Giant Playing Cards ($28): Pool lounging can get a little boring, but with this deck of water-resistant PVC playing cards, you can start a round of poker, king’s cup or blackjack. No matter what you play, you’ll be a winning hostess with this deck.
16. Grand Trunk Tie-Dye Double Hammock ($100): Spring break is about having fun, but most importantly it’s about having a chance to R-E-L-A-X. Attach this baby to a pair of trees, sit back and chill the day away with this tie-dye double hammock.
17. Intex Giant Beach Ball ($8): No matter where you are, a giant beach ball is sure to make a spring break shindig even better. Start up a game of volleyball at the beach or pool for quick and easy fun.
18. Sunnylife Mermaid Bottle Opener ($24): Chances are, you’ll be having a few drinks at your warm-weather fete. Pop open those bottles with ease with this mermaid-shaped pick.
19. Sunnylife Pink Neon Light ($31): Let your guests know where the party’s at with this neon flamingo light that comes with a power adaptor. It’s great because it’ll keep your guests from stumbling around in the dark and keep the festivities going all night long.
21. Bando Watermelon Cooler Bag ($32): You can keep those drinks nice and cold no matter where the party takes you with this watermelon-inspired cooler bag. It’s made with water-resistant matte leatherette and ensures you stay hydrated all day and night long.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)