21 Party Themes for All Your Spring Get-Togethers
Whether you’re planning a bangin’ bachelorette bash or revving up for a bridal shower, springtime is prime time when it comes to throwing parties. With so many opportunities for events, it doesn’t hurt to have a few choices for party themes on hand. The fun + unique ideas below will make yours the hottest bash on the block and maybe even inspire your summer soirees as well. From a pretty-in-pink flamingo fête to a taco-inspired Cinco de Mayo celebration, these themes will take your party from so-so to SO fun in no time.
1. Sorbet-Colored Party: Even though Easter has come and gone, pastels are a trendy color scheme for any spring party. Amp up the vibrant vibe with a bright pastel palette like this sorbet-colored party theme that’s perfect for a bridal shower, birthday party or Mother’s Day brunch. (via Silence of the Lens / 100 Layer Cake-let)
2. Margarita Day Party: When in doubt, just add margaritas. And if the delicious mixed drinks weren’t enough for a party, the brilliant and bold colored decor is the one to keep your guests’ compliments coming all day long. Pair with taco bites, and carry this theme all the way to your Cinco de Mayo party. (via Brit + Co)
3. Tropical Party: Embark on an adventure into the tropics with this *wild* theme. Think: pineapples, palm leaves and tropical flora when it comes to decor and more. If there’s ever a situation for busting out that Hawaiian shirt you thrifted ages ago, this themed party is it. (via Brit + Co)
4. Vibrant Coral and Green Fiesta: Though this cactus party was for a birthday bash, it can go just as well for a Cinco de Mayo or spring get-together. Bring out the cactus cake toppers, cactus macarons and succulents for an epic day of celebration with your fave cacti. (via Amber Thrane / Inspired By This)
5. Flamingo Party: If you’re feeling the pink and green color scheme, opt for a flamingo-themed fête. Throw in some pineapple shaped tumblers, plenty of palm fronds and a flamingo backdrop for unique variation on the tropical theme. (via Amy & Jordan Photography / Style Me Pretty Living)
6. Popsicle Party: Throw the ultimate poolside party with a Popsicle theme to keep guests cool while having fun in the sun. Have guests partake in a yummy Popsicle DIY or relax on Popsicle shaped pool floats. Whichever ideas you carry out for your icy treat of a party, don’t forget to throw in these adorable Popsicle garlands. (via You Are My Fave)
7. Snow Cone-Themed Party: For another *chill* theme, take on a snow cone-inspired party. Choose from snow cone piñatas, giant snow cones, snow cone garlands and even snow cone cards to amp up your party guests. (via Brit + Co)
8. Wildflower Themed Party: Embrace your inner bohemian with a wildflower theme. The more colorful, the better! Incorporate a few eclectic, or even thrifted, decorative accents and you’re good to go. (via Natasha Esguerra Photography / The Land of Nod)
9. Palm Fronds and Bon Bons Party: Get ready for a chic take on the tropical party theme. With accents like pineapples, palm fronds and bon bons, it’s kind of like a classy luau. Just look at that elegant tablescape! (via Mary Costa / Studio DIY)
10. Donut Party: Everybody loves donuts, so you already know a donut party is gonna be a *huge* hit. Impress your guests with a sprinkles bar to let them decorate and garnish their yummy desserts. (via Studio DIY)
11. Tutti Frutti Cocktails Party: Here’s a theme that you won’t have to worry about running out of ideas for. Take your pick from a huge assortment of fruits for your decorations, food, drinks and favors. (via A Joyful Riot)
12. Floral Spring Brunch: If there was a favorite time of the weekend, it would be brunch, easy. Celebrate the favorite pastime with a garden brunch inspired by a classic floral theme. (via Brit + Co)
13. Gem Party: Whether it’s for your BFF’s bridal shower or your 30th birthday, a gem-inspired party is a *brilliant* idea. Flash tattoos, metallic-fringed piñatas and glittery sequined decorations are the best ways to pull off this party look. (via @ayphoto / @inspiredbythis)
14. Ice Cream Party: Kids and adults alike are suckers for ice cream, so this theme is as versatile as the frozen dessert itself. Throw in some metallic gold accents to elevate the decor for adults, or add an array of colors (think sprinkles) for a kid’s birthday party. (via Classy Clutter)
15. Kate Spade-Themed Party: This classic black and white theme with plenty of gold accents is perfect for the preppy girl. Add a few pops of pink color in your decor, and don’t forget to make an epic backdrop with metallic gold streamers for those selfie takers. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
16. Rainbow Party: Throw a ragin’ rainbow birthday bash or a cute rainbow baby shower this season. Any way you go, your festivities are sure to be bright and beautiful. Put a unique spin on it using pom poms like this rainbow pom pom party. (via A Subtle Revelry)
17. Swan Pool Party: You’ve seen the swan pool float pop up everywhere since Taylor Swift and her beau Calvin Harris were seen floating atop it on her Instagram. If you’re feeling that Insta-worthy moment, give #swangoals a whole new meaning with an epic swan-inspired pool party. (via Gia Canali / Style Me Pretty)
18. Taco Party: All things taco are straight-up awesome. To take it to party level, munch on delicious tacos, go crazy with DIY taco piñatas and cool down with some yummy paletas. Taco-lovers everywhere will be waiting for an invite. (via Studio DIY)
19. Unicorn Party: Next to mermaids, unicorns are pretty much the coolest mythical creatures ever. Harness that magic, and bring pastels to life for this whimsical wonderland theme. It would be adorable for a kid’s birthday party or baby shower. (via The Little Umbrella)
20. Vintage-Themed Party: A vintage-themed party can go so many ways. Commit to a full-fledged old-fashioned theme, or mix it up with a modern twist on retro. Whatever you decide, it helps to think “timeless classics” when it comes to throwing a chic vintage soiree. (via A Fresh Take / Kara’s Party Ideas)
21. Watermelon Party: The saying “you’re one in a melon” also goes for this party theme. Usher in the warmer months with a juicy melon themed-party that’ll have your guests drooling over all the fresh and fruity concoctions you think up. Not to mention, how pretty and pink your decor will be. (via Tell Love and Party)
Which of these themes were your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)