With the winner of Starbucks’ Frappuccino Flav-Off announced (Caramel Cocoa Cluster lovers, you win!), the coffee brewer is obviously on to the next big thing. Grab your mini frapp because the company is brewing up plenty of news this week. Check out the five biggest tidbits below.
1. Price Hikes: Your go-to menu item’s price was more than likely singing “going up on a Tuesday” to you as a variety of drinks went up by 5-to-20 cents this week. If you aren’t into hot beverages — who is in the summer?! — then you may not notice the uptick in your receipt — most of the price raising is happening for those warmer drinks. Since SBUX didn’t reveal exactly which items are getting more expensive, you’ll just have to do some double checking of receipts next time you stop in for a drink.
2. Cold Brew for Everyone: Here in SF, we’ve been lucky enough to have cold brew coffee on our Starbucks menu for a while, but now the stronger flavored chilled option is expanding nationwide to participating stores in the US and Canada. Instead of hot or cold, the big question now will be cold brew or iced coffee.
3. New Summer Food + Snacks: As if the S’mores Frappuccino wasn’t enough of a summer treat, Starbucks is rolling out a handful of bonus food options to satisfy every type of hanger pang. From the Omega-3 Bistro Box (salmon cream cheese spread, edamame hummus, trail mix + cucumbers) and the Prosciutto and Mozzarella Pinwheel Bistro Box to the BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich and an updated Chicken Santa Fe Sandwich, no Starbucks customer looking for something savory will be disappointed again whether on a road trip or simply searching for a workday meal.
Also, have no fear, lovers of sweet things: there are plenty of new options for you as well. From the new Raspberry Chocolate Chip Scone to a curated snack collection that includes 13 companies hawking everything from gummy pandas and sweet taffy to gum in flavors like birthday cake and coconut lime, your sweet tooth will be staying satisfied deep into September.
4. Summertime Sweetness: Lovers of Arnold Palmer’s, you’re gonna freak over the latest Teavana drink. The Teavana Shaken Iced Mango Black Tea Lemonade is the perfect combo of black tea, mango, passionfruit and lemonade, perfect for any summer activity pick-me-up.
5. Starbucks’ Greatest Collab: The brand’s Teavana division just announced its national partnership with Girls Inc, a nonprofit inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold while providing real-life experiences and solutions to questions they face as they look to higher education and career paths. The partnership will support girls as they transition from high school to college or a career so they can succeed in whichever path they choose to go down. #StarbucksIsWinning
What new Starbucks menu item are you most excited to try? Share your picks in the comments.