Starbucks may be known for its delicious coffee (have you tried the new spring macchiatos?) and tea concoctions, but sometimes, you need a little more sustenance than even the best java beans can offer. Luckily, the coffee mega-chain also has some pretty tasty snack options. And we’re not just talking coffee cakes and bagels (although they’re plenty delicious on their own, truth be told). Thanks to the new spring menu, which includes such finds as organic avocado spread (!), there are some rather unexpected finds in its ever-growing snack lineup. Check out their most surprising menu items you can order right now below.
1. Organic Avocado Spread: Launching just last week, the Seattle-based staple has introduced pods of organic avocado spread to its offerings, giving avocado toast lovers everywhere cause for joy.
2. Megpies: Like an indie Pop-Tart, Megpies are jam-filled treats made by (who else!?) Meghan Ritchie, featuring specialty jams and various flavors of frosting (though does one really need anything other than chocolate?). (Photo via Joshua Trujillio/Starbucks)
3. Moon Cheese: Available In mozzarella, cheddar, Gouda, or pepper jack, moon cheese is like a flavored cheese puff, only gluten-free. Mmm! (Photo via Moon Cheese)
4. Country Archer Jerky: For the meat-lovers out there, there’s Country Archer’s artificial and preservative-free turkey and regular jerky, packaged in a resealable bag so you can snack on the run. (Photo via Country Archer Jerky)
5. Peanut Butter Cup Cookie: This little delight is new for spring and is like a peanut butter cup trapped in a cookie: The chocolatey peanut butter goodness is on the inside of a classic peanut butter cookie shell. (Photo via Starbucks)
6. Lemon Chiffon Yogurt: Starbucks has always had yogurt options, but the java hub just took things up a notch with its lemon chiffon yogurt: a protein-packed (18 grams!) vanilla whole milk mixture with a touch of tart in its lemon curd topping. (Photo via Starbucks)
7. Hippeas: Vegan and gluten-free, these puff snacks are made from chickpeas, giving you fiber, protein, and a whole lotta flavor (there’s cheese, pepper, maple, white cheddar, Sriracha, and fajita options) all in one shot. (Photo via Hippeas)
8. Bantam Bagels: Who has time to mess with smearing cream cheese (or avocado spread) on your bagel when you’re on the go? Bantam Bagels (as also seen on Shark Tank) take out the fuss, putting the spread inside the roll, with options for both the sweet (cinnamon bun, anyone?) and savory (we’re looking at you, hot pretzel) inclined. (Photo via Bantam Bagels)
9. Sous Vide Egg Bites: Also on the newer side, sous vide egg bites are a healthier take on breakfast. Made with vacuum-sealed (a method of cooking used by the French that avoids extra fats and oils), cage-free eggs, and either bacon and Gruyere toppings or roasted red pepper over toppings, they’re protein-heavy and better for us. Sold! (Photo via Starbucks)
10. Gluten-Free Smoked Canadian Bacon Breakfast Sandwich: We’ve long been fans of Starbuck’s breakfast sandwiches, but now the gluten-free among us can enjoy them, as well, as the retailer is offering up a Canadian bacon version on a gluten-free roll. There’s no worry of cross-contamination, either, as it’s prepped in a gluten-free environment. Huzzah! (Photo via Starbucks)
What’s your favorite food item at Starbucks? Tell us @BritandCo.
(Photo via Starbucks)