TBT: 15 Things Only Girls Who Grew Up in the 90s Will Understand
Kids of the ’90s rejoice! It’s Thursday once again, which can only mean one thing: time to ‘gram that #TBT of your five-year-old self rocking a neon jumpsuit. You know we love to celebrate the best of the ’90s every chance we get. From throwback DIYs to retro style, we’ve got your IRL guide to this TBT.
3. ASOS Large Stone Mood Ring ($19): Keep the mystery alive with this ’90s girl staple. Bigger and better than before, we bet you’ll be purple with L-O-V-E.
6. Reading Rainbow Kickstarter: We couldn’t resist the nostalgia of the potential Reading Rainbow Revival. LeVar Burton may just be a TBT for generations to come with the success of this new crowdsourcing campaign. (via Kickstarter)
7. Kate Spade Jelly Sandals ($78): There’s a new use of the word “jealy” these days, and it applies perfectly to these craveable Kate Spade sandals.
8. Custom Designed Cootie Catchers ($25): Charming and quirky, these custom-made cootie catchers inspire both grade school flashbacks and DIY inspo.
10. Heart Shaped Glasses ($18): These specs are both on-trend and vintage-inspired. Not to be worn without a throwback vibe and, of course, a smile.
11. Impossible Instant Lab ($200): Raise your hand if your first camera was a Polaroid. The retro joy of instant prints is relived through the Impossible Project, the result of a recent Kickstarter campaign.
13. The Here and Now ($11): Remember spending summers tucked away in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series? Anne Brashare broke 2014 with her latest young adult novel, and we’re intrigued.
15. Mmmhops Hanson Brothers Beer Company ($11): This is not a drill. We dare you to find a better way to #TBT than jamming to Mmmbop and tossing back an Mmmhops.
How do you celebrate TBT IRL? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)