TBT: 15 Things Only Girls Who Grew Up in the 90s Will Understand
Kids of the ’90s rejoice! It’s Thursday once again, which can only mean one thing: time to ‘gram that #TBT of your five-year-old self rocking a neon jumpsuit. You know we love to celebrate the best of the ’90s every chance we get. From throwback DIYs to retro style, we’ve got your IRL guide to this TBT.
It doesn’t get much more sticky-sweet than Lisa Frank. Take your smartphone back with this adorable Mod Podge project. (via Fancy Made)
Throw it wayyy back with this Hollywood glam hairdo. With curls like these, a #TBT selfie is totally acceptable. (via Brit + Co.)
3. ASOS Large Stone Mood Ring ($19): Keep the mystery alive with this ’90s girl staple. Bigger and better than before, we bet you’ll be purple with L-O-V-E.
Throwback bonding, anyone? Make this delicious dip with friends for a whole new way to “share” your TBT. (via Food52)
We couldn’t resist the nostalgia of the potential Reading Rainbow Revival. LeVar Burton may just be a TBT for generations to come with the success of this new crowdsourcing campaign. (via Kickstarter)
7. Kate Spade Jelly Sandals ($78): There’s a new use of the word “jealy” these days, and it applies perfectly to these craveable Kate Spade sandals.
8. Custom Designed Cootie Catchers ($25): Charming and quirky, these custom-made cootie catchers inspire both grade school flashbacks and DIY inspo.
Can we all give in and admit that scrunchies are a ’90s girl’s guilty pleasure? Great. Now that we’re all on common ground, scrunch it up. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Heart Shaped Glasses ($18): These specs are both on-trend and vintage-inspired. Not to be worn without a throwback vibe and, of course, a smile.
Tasteful glitter does exist. No need to deny yourself the joy of a little sparkle. Just add a touch to your top knot for a fun and girlish look. (via A Subtle Revelry)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series? Anne Brashare broke 2014 with her latest young adult novel, and we’re intrigued.
15. Mmmhops Hanson Brothers Beer Company ($11): This is not a drill. We dare you to find a better way to #TBT than jamming to Mmmbop and tossing back an Mmmhops.