For as much as we love tech, sometimes the best way to express a sentiment is with a hand-written card. With that in mind, we rounded up a handful of ways to make your own stationery. Whether you use them for yourself or make a set to give it as a gift, you’ll always have the perfect card on hand with these ideas. Now all that’s left is to practice your penmanship!
1. Neon Glitter: Neon and glitter—what’s not to love about these simple notecards? (via For the Love Of)
2. Sequined Cards: We think these would make the perfect new year’s cards. There’s nothing like ringing in the new year with a bit of sparkle. (via Kitten Hood)
3. Cross-Stitched Cards: We made a Valentine’s version of these cross-stitched cards, but there’s no limit to the shapes or designs you can stitch. Just sketch it out on graph paper first! (via Brit + Co.)
4. Chevron Stamp Cards: Make a quick carved stamp to create these sweet chevron cards. We love the idea of alternating colors on the card. (via SAS Does)
5. Watercolor Cards: You don’t have to be planning a wedding to make these beautiful watercolor cards. We love the two takes on the style— (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
6. Embossed Stripes: Embossing powder is a great DIY stationery staple. This tutorial teaches you how to use it, and you know you can’t go wrong with stripes! (via A Little Hut)
7. DIY Embroidered Cards: Similar to our cross-stitched cards these simple embroidered ones are a great raining afternoon project. Try making a whole set with different sayings and giving them as gifts! (via Say Yes to Hoboken)
8. Duct Tape Envelopes: With all the colorful and patterned duct tape options available out there, you can come up with some amazing combinations for these easy duct tape envelopes. Just remember, if you make them square they’ll require extra postage! (via Brit + Co.)
9. Chalkboard Cards: These chalkboard notecards are genius! Since you can customize them, you’ll always have the perfect card for every occasion. (via Grace Laced)
10. Tissue Paper Cards: These colorful cards are quick and easy to make. The trick is to trim the edges after you’ve glued down the tissue. (via Mad Mim)
11. Doily Cards: These doily cards are somehow dainty and modern at the same time. To keep them from feeling like Valentine’s Day cards, simply avoid the red or pink palette. (via Avie Designs)
12. Animal Stamped Cards: These make the perfect birthday cards for your kids or their friends, or keep a few on hand so your little one can send thank you cards for the presents they’ve received. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
13. Dip-Dyed Cards: A bit simpler than watercolor, these dipped cards are subtle and perfect for everyday stationery or condolence cards. (via Martha Stewart)
Which of these DIY ideas is your favorite? Tell us in the comments or on Twitter!