The Original Instagram: 10 Instant Print Cameras to Buy This Instant
Whether it’s the hard-hitting bout of nostalgia, the immediate gratification, or the look of the iconic framed print that gets you, there’s an unmatchable joy that comes from shooting photos on an instant camera. Luckily, you don’t have to go rummaging through boxes of your parents laughable old tech to find this totable treasure anymore. Now, you can get your instant camera fix with one of these 10 brand spankin’ new models. Say cheese and get ready to shake it like a…well, you know!
1. Polaroid Socialmatic ($299): We’ll start things off with hot news straight from CES: introducing the Polaroid Socialmatic, a camera that’s bound to be one of the most highly anticipated gadgets of the brand new year. Coming in Fall 2014, this square-shaped digital instant camera lets you share what you snap to all of your online social networks—how cool is that!? The Android-based touchscreen camera is WiFi and Bluetooth compatible so you can upload your heart away, and comes with a plush 4GB of internal storage. It goes without saying—we can’t wait!
2. The Impossible Instant Photo Lab ($299): Sure that’s an act that’s hard to follow, but good news is there’s plenty of mind-blowing advancements in the world of instant photography. So ready for your minds to be blown again? Now you can turn your iPhone photos into Polaroids with this Instant Phone Lab. Just place your iPhone on the top of this collapsable tiered tower, and within seconds, out pops a digital print. You can even optimize your photos with the accompanying app. We seriously need one of these at Brit HQ.
3. FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera ($100): Even though this camera only measures about five inches long and high, this mini point and shoot delivers big time. Not only with features like simple exposure adjustment and automatic flash, but also with a stunning array of pastel finishes.
4. Limited Edition Polaroid SX-70 ($350+): These fully foldable Polaroid SLRs were only printed up until 1977, but are now available to the masses (in a limited edition batch) completely restored and in perfect working condition. So cool! Get yours in a retro-paneled brown, a modern ivory, or futuristic chrome finish while you can.
5. Fuji Instax Wide Instant Camera ($80+): Expand your instant photo canvas with this wide format camera that subs rectangular prints for the trademark square exposures.
6. Polaroid z340 Instant Camera ($199+): Now you can shoot, edit, and print instant photos all in one device. For reals! Polaroid’s first ever forray into digital instant camera hybrids shoots in 14 megapixels and prints on smudge-proof, water and tear-resistant paper that is a bit cheaper to buy than traditional instant film. It’s also compatible with existing SD cards, so you can upload photos from other digital cameras into this all-in-one bad boy.
7. Instax 90 Neo Classic Instant Camera ($199): If you’re looking for tons of control over your instant photos, then this is the instant camera for you. Boasting six shooting modes, including settings for fast-paced action, super close ups, and artsy double exposures, as well as adjustable shutter speed and a tripod mount, this ultra thin Instax camera is the perfect companion for documenting everything from light urban wandering to continent-crossing travels.
8. Diana F+ Instant Camera ($139): Lo-fi photo fans get pumped: the Diana F+ delivers the signature dreamy, soft focus snaps you’ve come to love in instant photo form. Choose between two shutter speeds before you attach your close-up lens and a chunky retro flash that makes you feel like Old Hollywood paparazzi.
9. The Polaroid z2300 ($199+): Polaroid once again merges the world of digital and instant photos in this sleek snapper that shoots editable, 10 megapixel images and prints them onto sticky-back film. You can even shoot video on this rainbow-striped camera!
10. Polaroid One-Step Close-Up Camera by Impossible Project ($180): Look familiar? This one-step camera has all the no fuss specs we loved about our original Polaroid cameras, including that iconic retro design. We couldn’t help but end on a throwback :)
Are you stoked to get back into instant cameras? Or are you over the novelty? Tell us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.