The Original Instagram: 10 Instant Print Cameras to Buy This Instant
Whether it’s the hard-hitting bout of nostalgia, the immediate gratification, or the look of the iconic framed print that gets you, there’s an unmatchable joy that comes from shooting photos on an instant camera. Luckily, you don’t have to go rummaging through boxes of your parents laughable old tech to find this totable treasure anymore. Now, you can get your instant camera fix with one of these 10 brand spankin’ new models. Say cheese and get ready to shake it like a…well, you know!
1. Polaroid Socialmatic ($299): We’ll start things off with hot news straight from CES: introducing the Polaroid Socialmatic, a camera that’s bound to be one of the most highly anticipated gadgets of the brand new year. Coming in Fall 2014, this square-shaped digital instant camera lets you share what you snap to all of your online social networks—how cool is that!? The Android-based touchscreen camera is WiFi and Bluetooth compatible so you can upload your heart away, and comes with a plush 4GB of internal storage. It goes without saying—we can’t wait!
2. The Impossible Instant Photo Lab ($299): Sure that’s an act that’s hard to follow, but good news is there’s plenty of mind-blowing advancements in the world of instant photography. So ready for your minds to be blown again? Now you can turn your iPhone photos into Polaroids with this Instant Phone Lab. Just place your iPhone on the top of this collapsable tiered tower, and within seconds, out pops a digital print. You can even optimize your photos with the accompanying app. We seriously need one of these at Brit HQ.
3. FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera ($100): Even though this camera only measures about five inches long and high, this mini point and shoot delivers big time. Not only with features like simple exposure adjustment and automatic flash, but also with a stunning array of pastel finishes.
4. Limited Edition Polaroid SX-70 ($350+): These fully foldable Polaroid SLRs were only printed up until 1977, but are now available to the masses (in a limited edition batch) completely restored and in perfect working condition. So cool! Get yours in a retro-paneled brown, a modern ivory, or futuristic chrome finish while you can.
5. Fuji Instax Wide Instant Camera ($80+): Expand your instant photo canvas with this wide format camera that subs rectangular prints for the trademark square exposures.
6. Polaroid z340 Instant Camera ($199+): Now you can shoot, edit, and print instant photos all in one device. For reals! Polaroid’s first ever forray into digital instant camera hybrids shoots in 14 megapixels and prints on smudge-proof, water and tear-resistant paper that is a bit cheaper to buy than traditional instant film. It’s also compatible with existing SD cards, so you can upload photos from other digital cameras into this all-in-one bad boy.
7. Instax 90 Neo Classic Instant Camera ($199): If you’re looking for tons of control over your instant photos, then this is the instant camera for you. Boasting six shooting modes, including settings for fast-paced action, super close ups, and artsy double exposures, as well as adjustable shutter speed and a tripod mount, this ultra thin Instax camera is the perfect companion for documenting everything from light urban wandering to continent-crossing travels.
8. Diana F+ Instant Camera ($139): Lo-fi photo fans get pumped: the Diana F+ delivers the signature dreamy, soft focus snaps you’ve come to love in instant photo form. Choose between two shutter speeds before you attach your close-up lens and a chunky retro flash that makes you feel like Old Hollywood paparazzi.
9. The Polaroid z2300 ($199+): Polaroid once again merges the world of digital and instant photos in this sleek snapper that shoots editable, 10 megapixel images and prints them onto sticky-back film. You can even shoot video on this rainbow-striped camera!
10. Polaroid One-Step Close-Up Camera by Impossible Project ($180): Look familiar? This one-step camera has all the no fuss specs we loved about our original Polaroid cameras, including that iconic retro design. We couldn’t help but end on a throwback :)
Are you stoked to get back into instant cameras? Or are you over the novelty? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.