The 10 Best Looks to Steal from the Teen Choice Awards
The Teen Choice Awards isn’t just the one time of the year to see what your + your little sis’ favorite stars are made of when they’re handed a surfboard to tote home in heels. It’s also one of the most fab times for fashion. ‘Cause as the young celebs steps out onto the blue carpet, we get a first glimpse at what styles are in right now, straight from the next generation of big names. And this year it was all about the crop. From tummy-baring tops to high-hemmed trousers, the style was a staple on nearly every starlet, whether their look screamed last-days-of-summer or previewed what we’ll all be wearing next season. So meet the playful pieces that will soon make up your future closet, courtesy of the 10 best dressed stars from this year’s TCAs.
1. Lea Michele: This color block dress more than any other on the blue carpet screams party ready. Copy Lea Michele’s playful night-out look with a half + half dress ($28) you can glam up with metallic heels.
2. Shailene Woodley: Shailene is mixing prints like a pro — and we’re all gonna have to rise to her level to ace the trend this fall. Take a cue from her blue carpet get up by using a pattern-heavy wrap skirt ($150) as your statement piece, then surround it with bold pops in contrasting colors and textures like a knit cropped sweater ($20) suede red pumps ($49).
3. Jordin Sparks: Jordin’s not letting go of tropical temps in this floral co-ord, and we’re totally okay channeling those vibes with a matching two-piece ($30) of our own. Plus, when the weather does turn, think about how cute that top will look over a white button down + how that pencil skirt will dress up a basic sweatshirt.
4. Selena Gomez: Selena, on the other hand, is taking fall head-on with her tailored head-to-toe look. Grab these two wardrobe essentials now: A structured cropped blazer ($88) and a cropped pant ($128) make THE most put-together silhouette of the season. Just do like Selena does and glam up the look with a silver clutch ($78).
5. Bella Thorne: Don’t freak over ways YOU can wear Bella Thorne’s quirky frock. The plunge top + flare bottom can play nice together when they’re not both at their most extreme, like on this inspired-by look made of easy chambray ($25) in more railed-in details.
6. Demi Lovato: Demi looks like a total diva in her all-white get up. Get the #girlboss look with a fierce white mesh dress ($31) and dress it up with statement pieces like a chunky chain necklace ($18) and pop-of-color cocktail ring ($95).
7. Nina Dobrev: Nina shows the easiest way to make a crop top look classy: by wearing it with matching bottoms. Score a set you’ll want to wear whenever the weather allows, like this dusty rose bandeau crop top and skort ($140).
8. Hilary Duff: You know it’s officially fall when you whip out your (faux) leather, and Hilary Duff is making us totally ready for the wardrobe switch-up. DO copy her leatherette pencil skirt ($40) to a tee, but lighten up that high-neck tank ($15) with red rose accessories like these floral drops ($75) — this way, you’ll get much more use out of each piece (trust us!).
9. Hailee Steinfeld: Boho-looking frocks might make the transition from sun-soaked to bundled a bit easier, and after peeping Hailee’s flowy number, how could you not want to give it a go? Take the trend to the max with an all-over floral print dress ($69) with a ruffled hem-line and strappy back. Ohh, and bell sleeves are a plus.
10. Taylor Swift: Taylor ditches a color that lets her wear a red lip this close to fall? We’re floored, both that choice, her new coral lip shade + the color of her co-ord. Channel Tay’s two-piece in an easier-to-wear but equally as dreamy mint maxi ($49).
What celebs do you think had the best looks of the night? What other moments from last night’s Teen Choice Awards do you think are mention-worthy? Tell us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!