14 Delicious Ways to Use Up Those Thanksgiving Leftovers
Thanksgiving dinner is a meal we look forward to all year long. The savory stuffing, the roasted turkey, the cranberry sauce — does it get any better than that? The best part is the leftovers last for dayyyyys, but there’s no denying that the turkey sandwich gets old after a while. With that in mind, we’ve scoured the internet for different ways to put that surplus of food — trimmings included — to use. These 14 recipes just *might* have you more excited for Thanksgiving leftovers than the actual meal!
1. Thanksgiving Leftover Pop Tarts: These savory pop tarts are filled with cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and bits of tender turkey, then drizzled with gravy for a snack or meal that will knock your socks off. (via The Butter Half)
2. Leftover Turkey Pot Pie: Put the sandwiches on hold, because this turkey pot pie is the *only* way to use those turkey leftovers to their greatest potential. (via Foodess)
3. Leftover Turkey Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette: Take your comfort food and turn it into something nutritious by topping salad with leftover turkey and a vinaigrette made with leftover cranberries. (via A Sweet Pea Chef)
5. Aunt Bee’s Leftover Turkey Casserole: It’s cozy casserole season, so this recipe is the perfect way to use up that leftover turkey by adding it to a pasta bake that is rich, creamy, and jam-packed with flavor. (via The Seasoned Mom)
6. Turkey and Wild Rice Soup: Nothing soothes the soul better than a steamy bowl of soup like this, filled to the brim with tender shredded turkey, nourishing veggies, and a generous dollop of Greek yogurt for extra smoothness. (via Lively Table)
7. Deep-Fried Loaded Mashed Potato Bites: If you don’t know what to do with that heap of extra mashed potatoes, we’ve got you covered with these crispy potato, bacon, and cheese-filled bites of glory. (via The Cookie Rookie)
8. Thanksgiving on a Roll: If you want ALL the carbs, this recipe sandwiches turkey and all the fixin’s between a fresh roll and it. Is. Magical. (via What Should I Make For…)
9. Turkey Fajita Rice Bowls: Kick things up a notch and put a healthy spin on your leftover turkey with these veggie-filled fajita rice bowls. (via Whitney Bond)
10. Thanksgiving Leftovers Pierogi: This recipe smashes the traditional pierogi together with leftover Thanksgiving goodies for a fun and seasonal spin on a classic. (via Yes to Yolks)
11. Vegetarian Meatloaf and Cranberry Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich: Vegetarians can enjoy Thanksgiving to the max too, and if anything proves it, it’s this stacked meatless ‘wich that swaps the usual turkey for plant-based meatloaf. (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
12. Leftover Turkey Dinner Hash: These turkey-filled hash patties will make brunch fanatics swoon with their festive flavor and golden crisp exterior. (via Pickled Plum)
13. Turkey Teriyaki Stir-Fry: This feast doesn’t just give you a healthful meal after gorging on holiday eats, but it also serves as a weeknight wonder, clocking in at just 15 minutes from start to finish! (via Bless Her Heart Y’all)
14. Turkey Tetrazzini With Mushrooms: Putting that leftover turkey to use never looked so good with this creamy mushroom and pasta-filled tetrazzini. (via Chef de Home)
For more Thanksgiving eats, follow us on Pinterest.