10 Thanksgiving Soup Shooters to Ease into the Feast
Regardless of family traditions, a hot and cozy soup is a great way to kick off a giant Thanksgiving feast. Whether you’re partial to fall flavors like squash and carrot or are seeking a more unique Thanksgiving recipe, there’s a soup out there that’s bound to complement your meal. But don’t forget — you can experiment when it comes to presentation and serve a soul-warming soup in small glasses or even clean candle votives as an amuse-bouche before the big meal. Ahead, discover 10 soup shooter recipes that’ll make your Thanksgiving extra tasty.
1. Cider Cheese Soup Shooters in Mini Pretzel Bread Bowls: Instead of typical glassware, these cheese soup shooters are served in mini pretzel bread bowls, making them extra unique and fun. What more can you ask for than cheesy soup, pretzel bread, and bacon all in one bite? (via How Sweet Eats)
2. Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters: This rich take on pumpkin soup is guaranteed to make you feel especially cheery on Thanksgiving. (via Dine & Dish)
3. Creamy Tomato Soup Shooters With Grilled Cheese Sticks: You cannot go wrong with a mini grilled cheese atop a creamy tomato soup shooter. Warning: Your guests *will* ask for seconds. (via How Sweet Eats)
4. Vodka Tomato Soup Shooters: Unlike a more traditional grilled cheese and tomato soup combo, this recipe calls for 1/4 cup vodka, which gives it a welcome boozy kick. It’s topped with an oven-roasted cherry tomato and is awfully reminiscent of a brunch fave — the Bloody Mary. Bring it on! (via Kitchen Living With Coryanne)
5. Asparagus Soup: Rather than roasting up heaps of asparagus for Thanksgiving dinner, try puréeing the tasty veggie side into a scrumptious soup. The natural and super bold shades of green will pair nicely with the festive vibes. Garnish it with a piece of bread for a truly beautiful small bite. (via The Realistic Nutritionist)
6. Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shooters: Roasted cauliflower is DELICIOUS on its own, but it’s even better in drinkable form. This recipe is customizable toppings-wise but incredibly creamy as far as texture is concerned. Garnish it with a breadstick or relish the roasted cauliflower flavor sans bread. Your choice, reader. (via Flavour & Savour)
7. Vegan Soup Shooter Trio With Crispy Sunchoke Chips: For those who value a tasting *experience,* a trio of soup shooters like this one is the answer. It includes roasted carrot, broccoli-leek, and a roasted tomato-fennel soup. So many options. (via Tuscan Foodie)
8. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Crème Fraîche: A sprig of thyme gives this simple soup recipe the sophisticated finish one would expect from a holiday meal. (via Cambria Wines)
9. Potato and Blue Cheese Soup Shots With Garlic Butter Ryes: Made with gorgonzola cheese and potatoes, this creamy soup is topped with a mini rye toast that’s great for dipping. (via The Passionate Cook)
10. Baked Potato Shooters With Bacon, Crema, Cheese, and Chives: So, take a baked potato with all the fixin’s and turn it into a soup, and you’ve got this Baked Potato Shooters recipe. Bacon? Check. Crema? Check. Cheese and chives? Double check. Heaven, is that you? (via Taste With the Eyes)
Want more Thanksgiving recipe inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!