16 Super Soup Recipes to Use Up Leftover Turkey
You won’t find any ground turkey here. Nope, these soups are all about using up the last of that outrageously good turkey you made on Thanksgiving. A steaming bowlful of these 16 soups is the perfect remedy for chilly nights and the hectic holiday season. Interested in simmering these up year-round? Simply reach for a rotisserie chicken instead.
4. Thanksgiving Turkey Gumbo: Simmer up a pot of this rich, smokey gumbo to bring the feeling of the Big Easy into your home. Might we recommend frying up a few beignets for dessert? (via Camille Styles)
5. Turkey Mulligatawny Soup: Brimming with spices, each bowl of this creamy coconut soup is a delight for the senses. At the same time, lentils and turkey pack in a healthy dose of protein, making it completely satisfying. (via Tasty Turkey)
6. Turkey Ramen Bowls: You won’t find any salty soup packets here. Nope, this is a homemade ramen that won’t leave you bloated. That’s the last thing we need in the days following a big holiday meal, right? (via Savory Nothings)
9. Fall Turkey Thai Soup: Toss all the ingredients into your slow cooker before you head off to the office or the mall for some holiday shopping. You’ll love returning home to the scent of coconut and ginger perfuming the air. (via The Skinny Fork)
11. Creamy Poblano and Turkey Soup: This might be the ultimate, unexpected way to use up your holiday leftovers. Mashed potatoes are stirred into the pot along with the requisite turkey. (via A Spicy Perspective)
What are your plans for leftover turkey? Soup, sandwiches, something else entirely? Share your favorite ways to put poultry to use below!