13 Irresistible Recipes for a Vegetarian Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving seems centered around turkey. From the hearty stuffing to the thick ‘n’ juicy gravy, almost everything is made with or around the turkey and its drippings. So, how do vegetarians get by? Easily! Meatless lasagnas make for a great main, stuffing can be made delicious without the bird, and those perfectly cooked veg sides can be hella filling. See for yourself with these 13 tempting vegetarian-friendly holiday recipes.
2. Green Beans With Brown Butter, Crispy Shallots, and Hazelnuts: This recipe kicks your regular ol’ green beans up a few notches by adding crispy fried shallots, crunchy hazelnuts, and browned butter. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
3. Brown Buttered Glazed Carrots: Roasted and tossed in brown butter and brown sugar, these delightfully sweet and savory carrots will be the talk of the evening. (via The Modern Proper)
4. Kabocha Squash Lasagna: Not into “tofurky?” Don’t worry, because this veggie-layered lasagna is delicious, filling, and meets all the requirements of being a Thanksgiving main with its autumnal flavors and comforting textures. (via Umami Girl)
5. Roasted Squash, Pecan, and Pomegranate Salad: With minimal prep, this mouthwatering squash and sweet potato salad is the perfect addition to your holiday spread with sugared pecans and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses dressing. (via Minimalist Baker)
6. Butternut Squash and Apple Soup With Fried Sage and Halloumi: Throughout the cooler months, a starter soup is the way to go — especially if it’s a silky butternut squash soup slightly sweetened by apples. (via Floating Kitchen)
7. Veggie Pot Pies With Crispy Potatoes: These vegan and GF pot pies are brimming with robust mushrooms, carrots, and wholesome greens, then topped with crispy potatoes. (via Natural Girl Modern World)
8. Vegan Spiral Thanksgiving Tart: Impress your fam and friends with this jaw-dropping tart filled with mashed potatoes, eggplant, carrots, cabbage, earthy rosemary, and your favorite plant-based gravy. (via The Colorful Kitchen)
10. Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole: This crave-worthy side tops a velvety sweet potato and apple sauce blend with crunchy pecans for a fall-inspired dish. (via Joy Food Sunshine)
11. Curry-Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Roasted to a golden crisp, these Brussels sprouts bring warming spices and a hint of sweetness to your plate with curry powder and dried cranberries, and it.is.awesome. (via The Missing Lokness)
12. Butternut Squash Dal: Stock up on naan, because you’ll want to dig into this vegan and GF dal all evening with its combination of lentils, onions, tomato, cumin, and curry leaves. (via Cook With Manali)
13. Simple Vegan Cornbread Sage Stuffing: This recipe puts a vegan spin on a Thanksgiving fave so that *everyone* can enjoy it. Made with vegan cornbread, it’s packed with all the right flavors. (via The Full Helping)
Follow us on Pinterest for more vegetarian goodness!