The BritList: A Giant Origami Elephant, Bart Simpson Sweater Suit and More
Oh hello! Nerd alert: it’s PI day! We’ve already served up pie pops up the wazoo, but we’ve always gotta make room for the most random of things. From a GIF made of 11 tattoos to Colin Powell’s old school selfie, we hope you enjoy this week’s edition of the BritList.
2. Tent Bedroom Cabin Bed: If I had a bed that was also a fort when I was little, I would never have complained about bedtime.
3. Bling ($11): It’s a gold credit card case that looks like a credit card. Soooo meta.
4. Bart Simpson Sweater Suit ($47): What?! Cropped sweaters with Bart Simpson graphics might be my new spirit animal.
5. Colin Powell’s Selfie: How incredible is this selfie? #nofilter
6. Stainless Steel Mesh Portraits: That’s right. Stainless steel mesh scraps arranged so brilliantly that they create the likenesses of a series of models. The gradations combine with ambient lighting to create insanely realistic portraits.
7. Life-Size Origami Elephant: Ready to have your mind blown? This elephant was created from a single piece of paper.
8. San Francisco Neighborhoods as Animals: The pigeon representing the Tenderloin is too perfect.
10. Horse In Motion Tattoo GIF: Designed by Evan Hawkins, this project is just what it looks like. And there are no secret Photoshop tricks. It is legit a stop motion animation of 11 individual frames tattooed on 11 individual people. Amazing.
11. Corpus Libris: We’ve seen projects like this before where folks pose behind a book cover, but these are just so spot on we couldn’t resist sharing.
13. Modern Needlework Chair: We just like the look of this chair. That’s all there is to it.
15. Pragma Cutting Board: And finally, a beautiful piece that you don’t likely need… but likely want. It’s a cutting board designed to help you cut perfect slices of baguette. The only thing that’s mysteriously missing is a spot for cheese!