The BritList: The Speaker Blanket, Screen Cleaner Shirts + More
This week has been a doozy here at Brit HQ! With the exciting launch of Brit’s Picks, all sorts of awesome photos from our first Brit Co-Op parties, and our very first guest post over on Buzzfeed, we can barely catch our breath. But, we’re not too busy to serve up a Friday morning BritList. Here you go! :)
1. Book Vase: How sweet is this little book vase? It nestles into your bookshelf oh-so-seamlessly.
2. Speaker Blanket: A blanket with speakers? Summer 2013 just got an upgrade.
8. Screen Cleaner Shirts: Just how nerdy are you? Would you wear a t-shirt or dress shirt that doubles as a microfiber screen cleaner?
9. DIY Print Shop: It’s a screen printing shop… in a box!
10. Diameters Statement Necklace: This gorgeous necklace is definitely inspiring some DIY hackery here at Brit HQ.
11. Bohemian Guitars: These quirky oil can guitars are inspired by the streets of South Africa. We particularly love the Cat in the Hat guitar.
12. Itch A Skitch: It’s a web-based Etch-a-Sketch! So awesome.
13. FaceSwap: Ok this app is actually kind of hilarious. It makes it easy to swap faces in any photo you want.
14. Stationery by Poketo: We always love heading to Poketo for workspace inspiration. This time, we’re all about notebooks, pens, and other stationery items.
15. Sasquatch 128oz Flask: Last, but most definitely not least, the Sasquatch Flask! So amazing.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!