When this modern couple set out to plan their dream wedding, their main goal was to capture their unique personalities in a super casual setting while celebrating their love with friends and family. After searching for months for the perfect wedding venue, the pair chose to say “I do” right outside this *dreamy* museum with an amazing ceremony backdrop, which offered the ideal blend of urban location mixed with natural rustic and plenty of character and charm. With the help of their friends and family, this couple’s urban museum wedding, captured by the team behind Anne Marie Photography, ended up being just what they dreamed of. Scroll on for all the deets below.
1. Sparkly Details: To include a touch of glam to her minimalist look, the bride’s gown was delicately adorned with a gorgeous sparkling belt that totally elevated the look. To add some glam yourself, you don’t have to run to the store and buy something new. Take a look in your closet and grab a cute pair of sparkly flats or heels that you’re already comfortable in.
2. Minimalist Shoes: Since the bride was going for an urban-modern vibe on her big day, she opted for some comfy yet simple wedges to set the tone. If your wedding day shoes are half as gorg as these ultra-chic white wedges, there’s no doubt that you’ll be able to reuse them for years to come.
3. Whimsical Details: Keeping in theme with the laid-back spirit, the bride added lots of nature-filled details into her look. She looked oh-so-classy with her floral updo, which was crafted of small white roses as an accent. To include a hint of color in her chic look, the bride added a succulent that totally elevated her hairstyle.
4. Simple White and Green Bouquet: Classic bouquets don’t have to be dull, and this timeless monochromatic beauty is a good example. White flowers work for any season, but you’ll especially love this look for a wintertime wedding. Add an accent flower and a flowing cascade for that picture-perfect look.
5. DIY Succulent Boutonnieres: Who said the “something blue” is only for the bride? The groom wore a handsome blue suit with a light blue tie to complete his look. And if you’re looking to make your own boutonnieres for your wedding, take a page from this couple’s book and go for a simple succulent boutonniere for a unique look. Don’t forget to wrap it up with floral tape and a silky blue ribbon. So chic.
6. Mismatched Bridesmaids Look: The couple took the mismatched bridesmaid trend and gave it their own twist by choosing the same dress with different bottom colors. This added some excitement to the ceremony, but still had the bridal party looking very similar. Pro tip: Give your MOH some spotlight by choosing an accent color that’s a bit bolder than the rest of the maids.
7. Minimalist Ceremony Programs: To start off the celebration, the bride and groom chose this simple ceremony program to give their guests a sneak peek into the entire wedding day vibe. Ceremony programs in black and white with a focus on typography can not only set the tone but will also work as a starting point for your ceremony decor.
8. Heartfelt Exchange: The two lovebirds shared the joy and love of their big day and said “I do” with this urban museum as their backdrop. Their outdoor ceremony proves that you don’t need much to have a decked-out ceremony backdrop. If you’re digging this view, look for museums in your area that also offer wedding space and use simple decor like sand dollar eucalyptus and candles to give your day an intimate atmosphere.
9. Casual Reception: The couple shared the joy and love of their big day with a casual outdoor dinner at their urban venue. The warm glow from the string lights, the beautifully designed eclectic table setup and the equally stunning museum backdrop made for some swoon-worthy photos.
10. Golden Table Decor: If you liked the sparkly details of the bride’s accessories, you’re going to LOVE the golden mismatched centerpieces here. Thanks to the gorgeous styling of their wedding designer, the couple’s table decor was super unique and a reflection of their unique personalities. If you’re aiming for a similar look, head to your local thrift store and search for vintage vases to use for your reception decor.
11. Clever Wedding Cake: Cake and cheese are already among our favorite things, but this couple took their love for cheese and cake to a whole other level for their big day. Instead of a traditional wedding cake, this modern couple opted for a cheese wheel wedding cake. From a creamy brie to a sweet Wensleydale or a punchy blue, this is the perfect choice for a rustic foodie touch to your wedding.
Undoubtedly, this wedding was filled with lots of sweet details. Many congrats to the happy couple!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beautiful + creative wedding inspo.
(Photos via Anne Marie Photography)