5 Tricks to Help You Master Facebook Messenger’s New Update
All eyes have been on Facebook Messenger for the past couple of weeks. Ever since the social media Goliath announced that it was reimagining the service’s capabilities, several new features have rolled out and several have gone under the radar. To turn you into a total Facebook Messenger ninja, we’ve got five tricks and tips you may have missed from Messenger’s all-new updates.
1. Scan and add people like Snapchat. Although all your Facebook friends are automatically added to Messenger, there’s a way more fun way to add contacts. Every single Messenger user now has a unique, scan-able code that will automatically add their information to your contact list. Or, alternatively, you can make a username and spread that around instead of scanning a badge. These two features are both listed under the “Me” tab on Messenger’s bottom right corner.
2. Order an Uber. That little car button in the app allows users to call an Uber or Lyft without leaving a conversation. To activate the feature, press the car icon in any open chat. Link Facebook to your ride-share account and a ride will be on the way. You can also access this feature from the “Uber” bot that will appear in your chat list as soon as you’ve connected accounts.
3. Make payments. If you need to pay a friend who doesn’t have Venmo, Messenger is stepping up to the plate. The service hooks up with a debit card and allows users to send, receive or request payment. To access the feature, open up your conversation history with a friend and then press the $ icon. First-time users will have to link up a debit card. Then, select whether you’re requesting payment or paying out.
4. Spice up the conversation. Sometimes words just can’t convey your full meaning. New Messenger extensions allow user to send Dropbox files, GIFs, personalized caricatures, cat trading cards (seriously), eCards, songs from Spotify and even the weather in your current location to friends. The feature is located in the icon with three dots in your chat history.
5. Let a bot handle it. One of the most exciting additions to the new Messenger has been its incorporation of chatbots. Since the bots premiered last month, a bevy have made their way onto the platform. You can order flowers with the 1-800-Flowers bot, get news from CNN or use a personal shopping assistant. The full list of Facebook Messenger bots is available here.
What’s your favorite Messenger feature? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Facebook)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.