15 Vegan Salad Recipes to Serve When It’s Too Hot to Cook
We all have our ways of combating the summer heat. For some, lemonade (boozy or not) offers the only answer. And who can say no to an icy granita to keep the sweat at bay? But at lunch or dinner time, a refreshing salad that requires little to no cooking is the way to go. These 15 vegan salad recipes will keep you cool and satisfied all summer long.
1. Spring Detox Cauliflower Salad: Sometimes the best salads are born from surprising combinations. Here, cauliflower, apples, avocado, and chickpeas make for a meal that’s as hearty as it is healthy. (via Pinch of Yum)
2. Celery Cucumber Chickpea Salad: Light, cooling, and crunchy, this is the summer salad dreams are made of. Chickpeas make sure it’s filling enough to get you through to your next meal. (via Light Orange Bean)
3. Ramen Salad With Mango and Edamame: A vegan version of the potluck classic, instant ramen noodles add a delightful crunch to each bite of this salad. Sweet mango adds a flash of sweetness, and edamame lends protein to the meal. (via Lettuce Eat Veggies)
4. Cauliflower Rice Lentil Salad: Cauliflower rice can be sautéed quickly or served raw, and cooked lentils can be bought canned or in the produce section to make quick work of this salad. Add in some hummus and avocado for an irresistible creaminess. (via Contentedness Cooking)
5. Black Bean and Corn Salad: Sweet and savory, this corn and bean salad packs a major nutritional punch. It’s got all the vitamins, protein, and fiber you need to keep you satisfied, all without having to turn on the stove. (via Loving It Vegan)
6. Shaved Fennel and White Bean Salad: When you use robust ingredients like fennel and arugula, you don’t have to spend too much time fussing over your food. A briny olive vinaigrette adds the final punch of flavor to this no-cook meal. (via Happy Hearted Kitchen)
7. Broccoli and Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad: Crunchy veggies like broccoli and Brussels sprouts are perfect for make-ahead meals. They don’t wilt after a wait in the fridge, and you can toss them with dressing (a maple, tamari, and tahini vinaigrette) right before serving. (via Veggie Inspired)
8. Summer Produce Salad: Summer is all about embracing the in-season produce. This salad combines everything from berries to cucumber, stone fruit to leafy greens, for a meal that will make you thankful for all the heat. (via Black White Vivid)
9. Heirloom Tomato, Peach, and Corn Salad: You might not think peaches and tomatoes go together, but give them a try. The acidity of the tomatoes and the sweetness of the peaches work in harmony, accentuated by a creamy basil sauce. (via With Food and Love)
11. Sprouted Lentil Salad With Farro: Make a batch of whole grains on the weekend, then keep on hand for no-cook dinners all week. Toss with lentils, crunchy veggies, and a tangy Champagne vinaigrette, for a filling but refreshing dinner. (via Our Salty Kitchen)
12. Sesame Coconut Kale Salad: Nutty toasted coconut complements the rich flavors of sesame vinaigrette in this recipe. Hearty kale and sweet mandarin orange segments balance each other out for a meal that satisfies your cravings. (via The Endless Meal)
13. Rainbow Red Cabbage Salad: Colorful, crunchy red cabbage pairs well with bold ingredients like grapefruit, ginger, and lime. Add some avocado for textural contrast for a salad you’ll make again and again. (via Light Orange Bean)
14. Thai Peanut Salad: Creamy, crunchy, and colorful, this salad is deserving of entree status. It’s got all the veggies you need, plus nuts and chickpeas for plenty of protein. (via The Pretend Baker)
For more summer dining ideas, follow us on Pinterest.