14 Filling Winter Salads That Count as Comfort Food
Salad isn't known as being a winter comfort food, but seasonal produce like persimmons, squash and pomegranate make *perfect* salad toppings this time of year. After indulging in holiday goodies for the last few weeks (months?), your body will be craving a nutrient-dense lunch or dinner this winter. Stay healthy and keep your immunity up by getting your veggie servings in for the day with these filling and delicious winter salads.
This salad makes a beautiful accompaniment to heavier dishes. The pomegranate dressing is fresh and tangy and pairs perfectly with creamy gorgonzola and sweet acorn squash. (via The View from Great Island)
You only need six ingredients for this winter salad. It's easy enough to double or triple for a get-together and healthy enough to get all your veggies for the day. (via In It 4 the Long Run)
This salad packs a nutritional punch that can't be beat. It's delicious too! (via Can You Stay for Dinner?)
Super-simple ingredients make this comfort salad a go-to for busy weeknights. The mushrooms are tossed with olive oil, rosemary and garlic and then roasted for an earthy bite. Get your vitamin B fix and a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system. (via Cookin' Canuck)
Pickled beets brighten up a gluten-free butternut squash falafel salad, adding color and flavor to the dish. Make this for your next Meatless Monday dish! (via Snixy Kitchen)
This article has been updated from a previous version published on December 6, 2015.
- 15 Serious Salad Recipes to Start Your New Year's Resolutions ... ›
- 14 Salad Recipes That Let You Embrace the Flavors of Spring - Brit ... ›
- 15 Vegan Salad Recipes to Serve When It's Too Hot to Cook - Brit + ... ›
- Make Pinterest's Most Popular Whole30 Chicken and Avocado ... ›
- 22 Beet Salad Recipes That Will Satisfy at Any Dinner Party - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Incredible, Edible Egg Salad Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Winter Citrus Salad Recipes to Toss Up Now - Brit + Co ›