18 Refreshing Lemonade Recipes and Cocktails to Whip Up This Weekend
Beyoncé may have changed what comes to mind when we think of lemonade this year, but on August 20 (National Lemonade Day) the refreshing summertime drink is the star. With Labor Day just around the corner and a whole month before fall arrives, it’s a good time to add a few more *cool* libations to your party menu. These 18 modern takes on lemonade are just the thing! The concoctions range from simple upgrades to boozy party drinks to game-changer recreations. So go ahead and turn those lemons into lemonade.
1. Pomegranate Lemonade: Thyme sprigs and pomegranate aril garnishes make this a good lemonade to enjoy now and well into fall. Made with fresh lemon juice and pomegranate juice, the lemonade has a tart punch, but it’s sweetened with a sugar syrup that can be served alongside the pitcher if friends want an even sweeter drink. (via Drizzle and Dip)
2. Sparkling Italian Lemonade: If that little basil plant you started in the spring took on its own zip code over the summer, then put it to use in this sparkling lemonade. Each glass is garnished with a sprig of basil so that you breathe in the scent of the fragrant herb with each sip. (via Seeded at the Table)
3. Jalapeño Lemonade: Sweet? Check. Tart? Check. Spicy? Yes, please! A jalapeño syrup is what gives this one a kick and you can add more or less pepper slices to get the heat just right for you and your squad. (via Jerry James Stone)
4. Rose Tarragon Gin Lemonade: Speaking of floral notes and pretty pinks, here we have a lemonade spiked with gin and scented with rose to make this lovely cocktail. A few sprigs of tarragon are thrown into the shaker, too, to up the flavor ante even more. (via Heather Christo)
5. Spiced Lemonade Fizz: This Indian-spiced drink packs a serious flavor punch. You start by muddling fresh mint with cumin, then add fresh lemon juice, sugar, chaat masala, then some sparkling water for a lemony thirst-quencher like no other. (via Playful Cooking)
6. Boozy Green Lemonade: Oh hey, boozy lemonade that also delivers a dose of healthy leafy greens juice? Yes, please! The Evolution Fresh Green Lemonade is made with cold-pressed lemons and leafy greens and is the base for this cocktail. It is so easy — just add gin and a few lemon slices and you’ve got a better-for-you party drink in your hands. (via A Piece of Toast)
7. Watermelon Lemonade: Iced pitchers of this lemonade should be at every last pool party of the summer. It is SO refreshing, and with chilled watermelon juice, lemons and mint in the mix, it really *does* taste like summer. (via Cooking Classy)
8. Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade: Here is a way to get your sparkling water and lemonade fix at the same time. This one starts with a blueberry and lemon zest syrup that can be made ahead of time. The bold-hued syrup is then whirled in a blender with ice and lemon juice. Just before serving, add a splash of sparkling water for a frosty, bubbly drink. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
9. Mint Lemonade: Muddled mint isn’t just for mojitos anymore. For this low-sugar recipe, the mint leaves add an extra bit of natural sweetness that balances out the lemon and cuts the calories. (via Pickled Plum)
10. Rosé Lemonade: Keep rosé’s “It girl” moment going with this new take on a wine spritzer. It is almost too easy to be true — all you do is chill a bottle of rosé, stir together a classic lemonade, then add a splash of each to your favorite tumbler. Lemon slices and a sunny patio, optional. (via Dessert for Two)
11. Brazilian Lemonade: Here is how to ease your Olympics withdrawals. This one is *technically* a limeade since it is made with all limes, but it was too good not to include. It starts off like your typical limeade — limes, sugar, water — but then sweetened when condensed milk is added to create a unique, medal-worthy drink. (via My Mom Taught Me to Play With My Food)
12. Raspberry Peach Lemonade: Raspberries and peaches go together like, well, a summer day and lemonade. The duo is simmered with agave to make a fruity syrup that is then blended with lemon juice and water for this super sip-able lemonade. (via Damn Delicious)
14. Vanilla Lemonade: For when you are feeling like sipping something special, but you don’t want to go to a lot of fuss, there’s this vanilla-spiked lemonade. All you need is a little vanilla extract, lemons, sugar and water, and you’ve got this rad upgrade. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
15. White Peach and Rose Lemonade: We can’t get enough of flower-infused drinks this summer, and this recipe is definitely a keeper. It’s made with white peaches, which tend to be sweeter and have a more floral flavor than yellow peaches. That makes them a lovely complement to the splash of rose water that is also in this lemonade. (via Heart of Gold)
16. Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade: This one has day drinking written all over it. Blackberries and lemons have a natural affinity, and the lemon actually brings out the flavor of the berries. The whiskey could be optional here, if you’re not a whiskey drinker or prefer to skip the booze. (via Life As a Strawberry)
17. Sparkling Pineapple Lemonade: If you want to make a crowd-pleaser, then THIS IS IT! Pineapple juice adds sweetness and gives the lemonade a tropical spin that would totally be on point by the grill at a Labor Day cookout. Just sayin’. (via Create Craft Love)
18. Pink Lemonade: This isn’t your typical pink lemonade. The pink here comes from the fact that it’s sweetened with a rose syrup. There is also a surprise secret ingredient: a few pinches of salt. So this brilliant recipe is like a salted lemonade and rose lemonade all stirred into one delicious drink. (via Spoon Fork and Food)
Looking for more delicious summer drink recipes? Follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)