19 Vegan Thanksgiving Sides That Won’t Have You Missing Turkey
In the past, following a plant-based or vegan diet may have meant your choices were limited at holiday meals, even beyond the turkey: Mashed potatoes are made with buttermilk, there are eggs in rolls and green bean casserole is usually made with bacon — so many Thanksgiving dishes off-limits. As an increasing number of people choose a plant-based or vegan diet for personal or health reasons, there are more and more recipes created for vegan Thanksgiving recipes. Drop that tofurkey and instead make one of these vegan Thanksgiving sides that are so yummy, you won’t feel like you’re missing out.
1. Stuffing-Muffins With Mashed Potatoes and Gravy: The best part of Thanksgiving is mixing all of the foods on your plate together — this just makes the process all the faster. (via The Colorful Kitchen)
2. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash With Dried Cranberries and Dijon Vinaigrette: Crispy, caramelized and slightly bitter Brussels sprouts pair with sweet and creamy butternut squash, tart and sweet dried cranberries and a little hint of spiciness from the Dijon vinaigrette. This dish is epic. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
6. Spicy Sweet Potato Soup With Coconut Cream & Sriracha: Swap out the usual pumpkin soup for another seasonal flavor: sweet potato. (via Sew French)
13. Red Curry Mashed Potatoes: This dish uses coconut milk instead of buttermilk, and can be made ahead the day before to help free up a little time to prepare your other Thanksgiving dishes. (via Cooking Curries)
15. Protein Packed Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy: There’s sneaky hidden cauliflower and silken tofu in this recipe, but you won’t taste anything other than garlicky, cheesy vegan mashed potatoes. (via Eat Within Your Means)
18. Cumin Roasted Cauliflower With Black Lentils: Thinking of a healthy Thanksgiving dinner side dish that isn’t a potato? This cumin roasted cauliflower with black lentils is just what you need! (via The Awesome Green)
19. Roasted Cinnamon Little Potatoes and Pumpkin: These roasted baby potatoes are not your average spud. They’re crispy, sweet and perfectly seasoned, so you’ll probably want to make extra. (via Noshing With the Nolands)
Are you serving any vegan dishes at your Thanksgiving meal this year? Let us know what they are in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)