12 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes That Will Make Your Turkey Jealous
Turkey is important and everything, but many would argue side dishes are actually the best part of Thanksgiving. Finger foods and appetizers, creamy casseroles, and breads galore — if it can be served with gravy, it's going on our table. After all, how often is it that you get to eat dinner along with five or more other items? Embrace the bounty of the season with these sides that modernize classic dishes. Make a few or all — we're not here to judge!
Keto 3-Cheese Brussels Sprouts Casserole: Instead of baking up a Brussels sprouts casserole, make it a stovetop, one-pot dish... that also happens to be keto. All that means for you is that there's lots and lots of cheese.
Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing: You don't need bread to make an exquisite stuffing. Instead, load your pan with celeriac, mushrooms, walnuts, and chestnuts, along with the classic aromatics.
Whole30 Mashed Potatoes: Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving without a mashed potato and gravy volcano on your plate. Even if you're following Whole30 you still can indulge, thanks to this healthier version of the classic.
Whole30/Paleo/Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole: Sweet potato casserole has long been maligned for its over-enthusiastic use of marshmallows, but this Whole30 and paleo version gives you the flavors you love without all that refined white sugar.
Pumpkin Sage Bacon Mashed Potatoes: White mashed potatoes, take a seat. This year, pumpkin mashed potatoes, enriched with sage and bacon, are going to be the star of your meal.
For more Thanksgiving inspiration, follow us on Pinterest.
This article has been updated from a previous post.
(Photos via Brit + Co)
- 18 Thanksgiving Recipes You Can Make in Your Slow Cooker - Brit ... ›
- These Grilled Vegetable Skewers Are the Perfect Thanksgiving Side ... ›
- 19 Vegan Thanksgiving Sides That Won't Have You Missing Turkey ... ›
- 18 Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes for Your Sweet Spread ›
- 18 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes Guests Will Want to Gobble Up ... ›
- 12 Simply Spectacular Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Brit + Co ›
- 13 3-Ingredient Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes That Will Make Your Turkey ... ›
- 50 Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving Side Dishes for Every Feast ... ›
- 26 Easy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes That Will Steal the Spotlight - Brit + Co ›
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!