16 Delectable Veggie Dumplings to Devour on Meatless Monday
Big and heavy meals are pretty standard once the chilly weather rolls around. Everyone is looking to dig into their fave comfort foods, like cheesy baked pastas and belly-warming curries. But, despite our love for these rich meals, we do tend to appreciate something on the lighter side every now and again. Soup is a popular go-to, but sometimes a tasty veggie-filled dumpling is just what the doctor ordered. These 16 enticing dumplings are super fresh and will set you up for your next Meatless Monday.
1. Pan-Fried Crispy Vegetable Tofu Dumplings: If you’ve had Chinese dim sum, then you know how amazing dumplings are. These crispy veggie and tofu dumplings are a ton of fun to make, so grab a pal and make an afternoon of it. (via Jessica Gavin)
2. Asian-Style Cabbage Dumplings With a Dipping Sauce: These little flavor bombs are incredibly delicious, and addictive AF. You’ll definitely want to make an extra batch of these gems and keep them out of sight so you can enjoy them for lunch the next day. (via Lazy Cat Kitchen)
3. Easy Asian Dumplings With Hoisin Dipping Sauce: Filled with Napa cabbage, shredded carrots and shiitake mushrooms, these crunchy dumplings are snack-time perfection. They’re also perfect for those evenings when you’d rather forgo a large meal and simply munch. (via Cooking for Keeps)
4. Chinese Pan-Fried Steamed Buns With Spicy Mushrooms: To say these little fluffy buns are hard to resist would be an understatement. The sweet and savory flavors paired up with the soft textures make these bites impossible to ignore — so make sure you’re hungry ;) (via Anett Velsberg)
5. Gnudi: Pronounced “NOO-dee,” these little balls of delight are basically magic. Think dumplings made of ricotta cheese and flour. The dumplings are so tasty on their own that they only require a light sauce, and warm brown butter does the trick. (via Little Scratch Kitchen)
6. Curried Potato and Pea Pierogi: Though traditional pierogi contain potatoes and cheese or sauerkraut, we always like to get creative with our fillings. This innovative spin on a classic brings warm spices to the mix, and it’s oh-so good. (via Fig and Honey)
7. Vegan Potstickers: As the weather gets cooler, we must find comfort and warmth in our food, and that’s a piece of cake with these hot and steamy veggie-filled dumplings. These bad boys offer varying textures with BIG flavors, and best of all, they’re vegan — so anyone can enjoy them. (via Love Is in My Tummy)
8. Momos With Artichoke Hearts: Though momos (steamed dumplings) are usually stuffed with meat and veggies, a little creativity allows for indulgence on a plant-based and vegan-friendly diet. These gems are tasty, seasonal and stuffed to the brim with artichoke hearts. (via Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes)
9. Vegan Dumplings With Easy Gluten-Free Wonton Wrappers: These stunning dumplings are created with an egg-free, gluten-free wrapper. Calling for only four ingredients, they’re super simple to make and perfect for a chill evening at home. (via Feasting on Fruit)
10. Vegetable Momos: These plump momos are *bursting* with nourishing veggies and flavors. With a tangy dipping sauce accompaniment, even the most carnivorous of people will get hooked. (via Novice Housewife)
11. Spicy Butternut Squash Dumplings: Packed with a soft and spicy squash filling, these dumplings are the perfect way to warm up on a chilly fall night. The sweetness of the squash pairs amazingly with the salty ‘n’ spicy dipping sauce, so get ready to dunk. (via Lazy Cat Kitchen)
12. Miso Roasted Eggplant Gyoza: These crispy delights are a fantastic way to up your dumpling game. Eggplant and miso are great together, so we can only imagine how DELISH these gyoza are. Served with a tangy and gingery dipping sauce, they can be steamed or pan-fried. (via Cravings in Amsterdam)
13. Homemade Dumplings With Peanut Chili Sauce: Filled with smooth spinach and crunchy water chestnuts, these clean and nourishing dumplings are dangerously addictive. The fact that they’re drizzled with a mouth-watering peanut chili sauce doesn’t help. (via My Goodness Kitchen)
14. Tofu and Kimchi Gyoza: If your love for dumplings is never-ending and you posses an insatiable hunger for spicy kimchi, these bites are your dream come true. Tofu is added to plump ’em up, while scallions lend a punch of freshness. (via Anett Velsberg)
15. Tempeh and Kale Steamed Gyoza: These soft and silky steamed dumplings are filled with tender kale and bulky tempeh to create a healthful and nourishing meal. These versatile and crave-worthy bites can be steamed or pan-fried, depending on your mood. (via Produce on Parade)
16. Avocado Edamame Potstickers: Edamame are so enjoyable that we often eat them lightly salted, straight out of their pods; no sprucing up necessary! So we can only image what they add to crispy pan-fried potstickers stuffed with creamy avocado. (via Yup, It’s Vegan!)
Looking for more #MeatlessMonday inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)