With Miley Cyrus hosting the VMAs this year, we have no doubt in our mind that it’s going to be thoroughly entertaining. However, as exciting as the live performances and award winners are, there will always be a special place in our hearts for the red carpet at events like this — especially the VMAs, where nothing is really off limits. Aside from the crazy outfits, we also love to see celebrity couples who are brave enough to walk together. Here are 10 couples we’re crossing our fingers we see this Sunday.
1. Taylor Swift + Calvin Harris: We’d love to see Tay bring her entire girl gang as her date to the VMAs, but we want to see her show up with Calvin even more. While they’ve definitely been photographed together via Instagram and paparazzi, they have yet to walk a red carpet together. (Photo via Anthony Harvey/Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Robert Pattinson + FKA Twigs: Speaking of couples who are new to a shared red-carpet photo, these two killed it at the Met Gala for their first joint appearance. Mostly we just can’t wait to get another glimpse of FKA Twig’s epically alternative ring. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
3. Nicki Minaj + Meek Mill: You know what they say: Couples who tour together walk the red carpet together. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
4. Kim Kardashian + Kanye West: Always a pair to grab attention, this duo never seems to disappoint. Here’s to hoping another Amy Schumer moment is in store for these guys. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
5. John Legend + Chrissy Teigen: Because, you know… duh. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
6. Drake + Serena Williams (?!): Rumors started flying yesterday after these two were spotted making out in a swanky Italian restaurant in Cincinnati. If they really are an item, what better time to just come out and make it public than at the VMAs?! (Photo via David Becker/Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
7. Ruby Rose + Phoebe Dahl: We know Ruby primarily for her breakout role in this past season of OITNB, but she’s also a reputable DJ. In fact, she’s worked with Calvin Harris and even toured with Nicki Minaj. We vote they all come together for an epic reunion pic. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown /Getty)
8. Lady Gaga + Taylor Kinney: Here’s yet another pair of newly engaged celebs. Lady Gaga always brings it when it comes to red carpet outfits, so we’re curious to see how Taylor is planning on matching her drama factor. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Jay-Z + Beyoncé: Is another nude dress in the works? We can only hope. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Kylie Jenner + Tyga: While the two have remained relatively mum about their relationship, they’ve seemingly gone ahead and made it public, as Kylie is now legally an adult. I mean, you don’t buy a $320K Ferrari for just a friend, now do you? They’ve yet to walk a red carpet together so this would be their first. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What celeb couple are you hoping to see on Sunday? Share with us in the comments below.