10 Couples We Can’t Wait to See Walk the Carpet Together at the VMAs
With Miley Cyrus hosting the VMAs this year, we have no doubt in our mind that it’s going to be thoroughly entertaining. However, as exciting as the live performances and award winners are, there will always be a special place in our hearts for the red carpet at events like this — especially the VMAs, where nothing is really off limits. Aside from the crazy outfits, we also love to see celebrity couples who are brave enough to walk together. Here are 10 couples we’re crossing our fingers we see this Sunday.
1. Taylor Swift + Calvin Harris: We’d love to see Tay bring her entire girl gang as her date to the VMAs, but we want to see her show up with Calvin even more. While they’ve definitely been photographed together via Instagram and paparazzi, they have yet to walk a red carpet together. (Photo via Anthony Harvey/Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Robert Pattinson + FKA Twigs: Speaking of couples who are new to a shared red-carpet photo, these two killed it at the Met Gala for their first joint appearance. Mostly we just can’t wait to get another glimpse of FKA Twig’s epically alternative ring. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
3. Nicki Minaj + Meek Mill: You know what they say: Couples who tour together walk the red carpet together. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
4. Kim Kardashian + Kanye West: Always a pair to grab attention, this duo never seems to disappoint. Here’s to hoping another Amy Schumer moment is in store for these guys. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
5. John Legend + Chrissy Teigen: Because, you know… duh. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
6. Drake + Serena Williams (?!): Rumors started flying yesterday after these two were spotted making out in a swanky Italian restaurant in Cincinnati. If they really are an item, what better time to just come out and make it public than at the VMAs?! (Photo via David Becker/Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
7. Ruby Rose + Phoebe Dahl: We know Ruby primarily for her breakout role in this past season of OITNB, but she’s also a reputable DJ. In fact, she’s worked with Calvin Harris and even toured with Nicki Minaj. We vote they all come together for an epic reunion pic. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown /Getty)
8. Lady Gaga + Taylor Kinney: Here’s yet another pair of newly engaged celebs. Lady Gaga always brings it when it comes to red carpet outfits, so we’re curious to see how Taylor is planning on matching her drama factor. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Jay-Z + Beyoncé: Is another nude dress in the works? We can only hope. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Kylie Jenner + Tyga: While the two have remained relatively mum about their relationship, they’ve seemingly gone ahead and made it public, as Kylie is now legally an adult. I mean, you don’t buy a $320K Ferrari for just a friend, now do you? They’ve yet to walk a red carpet together so this would be their first. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What celeb couple are you hoping to see on Sunday? Share with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)