5 Alternatives for Wedding Wear Now That J.Crew Is Quitting the Bridal Game
J.Crew is the store where all your preppy, business-casual dreams come true. If you were planning to take advantage of their classic, casual and very sensibly designed bridal line for your future wedding, however, it's time to make alternative plans. The brand announced recently that it is discontinuing their bridal line, including bridesmaids dresses. You heard that right; you'll have to tell your gals to shop elsewhere for coral strapless silk chiffon. Don't despair too much, though. There are good alternatives out there where you can find the perfect frocks for your entire wedding party. We'll miss you, J.Crew bridal. In the meantime, here are some other great wedding shops we're swooning over.
1. Weddington Way: A completely online, one-stop shop for bridesmaids dresses and accessories to get your gals aisle-ready? Genius. You can even create a “showroom” where your friends can “shop” together and comment on that dress you told them they can totally wear again.
2. BHLDN: If you already love Anthropologie for their bohemian vibe, wait until you check out their wedding brand. We’re talking a mix of modern and classic bridal options with cool twists like beautiful embroidery, jumpsuits and tops matched with full skirts. Plus, they’re stocked with sophisticated dresses your bridesmaids will actually want to wear. Swoon!
3. David’s Bridal: For serious, David’s Bridal has come a long way, and is now your chic go-to for classically beautiful silos that work for brides and bridesmaids of all budgets. The brand now has bridal lines designed by Vera Wang, Jenny Packham and Zac Posen. Plus, they have locations around the country, so all your maids can actually try on the same dress you’ve had your eye on.
4. Azazie: Looking for a sensibly priced bridal shop that offers every shade of the rainbow? Try out Azazie. They’ve got everything from bridal gowns under $300 to bridesmaids dresses and even a dress for your MIL. Order a dress to try on at home for just $10.
5. Vow to Be Chic: If you don’t see the point in spending lots of money on a bridesmaids dress for your 10th wedding of the season, we hear you, sister. Consider renting instead. This site has tons of designer options for rent for $100 and under. Some of them are so lovely, though, you might even change your tune and have to buy it later.
Looking for DIY wedding ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Feature photo via Weddington Way)