Spoiler Alert! 10 Things to Expect from Tomorrow’s Apple Announcement
Somehow tomorrow’s Apple event, where the iPhone 6 will definitely be discussed, and the iWatch just might be talked about — and who knows what’s up with those giant iPads — is getting more love in our social feeds than Kate Middleton’s pregnancy announcement. We know, we know — WTF is R-I-G-H-T. But while we start hoping for a girl for Will and Catherine, even our eyes are more closely trained on tomorrow’s long-anticipated Apple reveal than the guest list at Neil Patrick Harris’s secret wedding this weekend. Whether you hate ‘em or love ‘em, we know you, like us can’t live without spoilers sometimes, so here are 10 we compiled that will majorly whet your appetite for all things Apple happening tomorrow.
1. The Location Means Big Things Are Coming: This isn’t an event taking place in any ol’ auditorium or space. The sheer fact that tomorrow’s Apple announcement is happening in the Flint Center for the Performing Arts (where the Macintosh was first unveiled publicly in 1984!) is a major hat tip to the BFD that Apple assumes said announcement will be.
Apple Insider posted aerial drone footage of the structure Apple is building next to the Flint Center, which some suspect will be used as a sort of demo area where attendees can experience all that will be revealed tomorrow. Uh, forget the actual event, we’ll be hanging out in there in our dreams, thanks very much.
2. Apple Is Unveiling Two Phones: You got this one by now, right?! Get ready to drool over not one, but two new phones, one rumored to be 4.7 inches, and the other, a larger phablet-like version of the 6 that rings in at 5.5 inches.
3. Meet the iPhone 6 Plus: The larger of the two new iPhones will have a whole new name. Forget Minis and Nanos, this one is the Plus. Macotakara is reporting that the 5.5-inch version of the iPhone 6 will be officially known as the iPhone 6 Plus.
4. Both Phones Will Launch September 19: Despite rumors that production on the larger of the two smartphones was delayed, MacRumors is reporting (via French site iGen.fr) that both models will go on sale on Friday, September 19.
5. We’ll Get to SEE the iWatch: Tough life, we know, but it’s been a little overwhelming having to keep our iPhone and iWatch rumors (let alone our excitement) straight, but hopefully the wait is just about over after tomorrow when we’ll get an actual look at Apple’s wearable. The latest leak shows an iWatch with a rectangular body and a round sensor plate.
6. Anna Wintour Could Be There: Okay, maybe not Anna, but there might just be a Vogue representative or two dozen live blogging along with the tech set tomorrow. Forget Rebecca Minkoff and YSL for one sec, wearable watchers, fashion editors are the new hot, first time invites for the 9/9 event. We’re also wondering if this hints toward a development in iBeacon technology.
7. Apple Is Bringing It iHome: Although announced at this year’s WWDC, except more about Apple’s HomeKit and how the new iPhone ties into it and your casa tomorrow. Maybe there’s even an iPhone 6-powered smart home ready to be toured in that mysterious white building, eh?
8. Get to the Heart of HealthKit: Same here, especially since we’ve seen a leaked screenshot or two of what the new Health app will look like on iOS 8. Since the M7 co-processor inside the iPhone 5s will be able to track and plot your steps, it’s safe to assume we will see a similar use and then some in the next versions of Apple’s smartphone.
9. Say Bye to Your Wallet: No, no, you’ll need it if you’re going to place any pre-orders for any of these big reveals, BUT on the potential docket to discuss is Apple’s new mobile payment system, which plans to transform your phone and wearables into your wallet on the go. Rumor has it that CVS and Walgreen’s are already on board.
10. An iPad Announcement: Could a whole new iPad unveiling be the Cinderella story of tomorrow’s event?! Unclear (and, those are some pretty pretty stepsisters she has to compete with if so), but the next iPad is rumored to launch around the same time as the iPhone 6, so tablet lovers might get their just downloads, too.
Follow the countdown down to the second on Apple’s homepage, and make sure to follow along on Brit + Co tomorrow at 10am PT, where we’ll be live blogging the announcement and geeking out along with all of you!
Are you already reserving a space in line for the iPhone 6? What are you most excited about hearing tomorrow? Share with us below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.