Spoiler Alert! 10 Things to Expect from Tomorrow’s Apple Announcement
Somehow tomorrow’s Apple event, where the iPhone 6 will definitely be discussed, and the iWatch just might be talked about — and who knows what’s up with those giant iPads — is getting more love in our social feeds than Kate Middleton’s pregnancy announcement. We know, we know — WTF is R-I-G-H-T. But while we start hoping for a girl for Will and Catherine, even our eyes are more closely trained on tomorrow’s long-anticipated Apple reveal than the guest list at Neil Patrick Harris’s secret wedding this weekend. Whether you hate ‘em or love ‘em, we know you, like us can’t live without spoilers sometimes, so here are 10 we compiled that will majorly whet your appetite for all things Apple happening tomorrow.
1. The Location Means Big Things Are Coming: This isn’t an event taking place in any ol’ auditorium or space. The sheer fact that tomorrow’s Apple announcement is happening in the Flint Center for the Performing Arts (where the Macintosh was first unveiled publicly in 1984!) is a major hat tip to the BFD that Apple assumes said announcement will be.
Apple Insider posted aerial drone footage of the structure Apple is building next to the Flint Center, which some suspect will be used as a sort of demo area where attendees can experience all that will be revealed tomorrow. Uh, forget the actual event, we’ll be hanging out in there in our dreams, thanks very much.
2. Apple Is Unveiling Two Phones: You got this one by now, right?! Get ready to drool over not one, but two new phones, one rumored to be 4.7 inches, and the other, a larger phablet-like version of the 6 that rings in at 5.5 inches.
3. Meet the iPhone 6 Plus: The larger of the two new iPhones will have a whole new name. Forget Minis and Nanos, this one is the Plus. Macotakara is reporting that the 5.5-inch version of the iPhone 6 will be officially known as the iPhone 6 Plus.
4. Both Phones Will Launch September 19: Despite rumors that production on the larger of the two smartphones was delayed, MacRumors is reporting (via French site iGen.fr) that both models will go on sale on Friday, September 19.
5. We’ll Get to SEE the iWatch: Tough life, we know, but it’s been a little overwhelming having to keep our iPhone and iWatch rumors (let alone our excitement) straight, but hopefully the wait is just about over after tomorrow when we’ll get an actual look at Apple’s wearable. The latest leak shows an iWatch with a rectangular body and a round sensor plate.
6. Anna Wintour Could Be There: Okay, maybe not Anna, but there might just be a Vogue representative or two dozen live blogging along with the tech set tomorrow. Forget Rebecca Minkoff and YSL for one sec, wearable watchers, fashion editors are the new hot, first time invites for the 9/9 event. We’re also wondering if this hints toward a development in iBeacon technology.
7. Apple Is Bringing It iHome: Although announced at this year’s WWDC, except more about Apple’s HomeKit and how the new iPhone ties into it and your casa tomorrow. Maybe there’s even an iPhone 6-powered smart home ready to be toured in that mysterious white building, eh?
8. Get to the Heart of HealthKit: Same here, especially since we’ve seen a leaked screenshot or two of what the new Health app will look like on iOS 8. Since the M7 co-processor inside the iPhone 5s will be able to track and plot your steps, it’s safe to assume we will see a similar use and then some in the next versions of Apple’s smartphone.
9. Say Bye to Your Wallet: No, no, you’ll need it if you’re going to place any pre-orders for any of these big reveals, BUT on the potential docket to discuss is Apple’s new mobile payment system, which plans to transform your phone and wearables into your wallet on the go. Rumor has it that CVS and Walgreen’s are already on board.
10. An iPad Announcement: Could a whole new iPad unveiling be the Cinderella story of tomorrow’s event?! Unclear (and, those are some pretty pretty stepsisters she has to compete with if so), but the next iPad is rumored to launch around the same time as the iPhone 6, so tablet lovers might get their just downloads, too.
Follow the countdown down to the second on Apple’s homepage, and make sure to follow along on Brit + Co tomorrow at 10am PT, where we’ll be live blogging the announcement and geeking out along with all of you!
Are you already reserving a space in line for the iPhone 6? What are you most excited about hearing tomorrow? Share with us below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.