12 Windswept Hairstyles That Will Make You Swear Off Hats
Forget the comb. Perfectly brushed locks are overrated – and unrealistic for that matter. Even if you spend all morning making that mane super soft, the second you step out into the winter wind it’s going to get all tangled up. So we say, embrace the mess. Maybe even leave your hat at home. Add a little bit of texture spray in the morning and let those locks fly wild and free. The look is natural, adds instant volume and last but definitely not least, it’s totally sexy. If we still haven’t convinced you to give up the brush, sneak a peek at these 12 windswept hairstyles and we’re sure you’ll quickly forget the purpose of that old bristled thing.
1. Half-up Side Twist: This runway look debuted at a Rodarte show back in 2011, but we love it just as much today as we did back then. Why we have never thought to try a half-up side braid is beyond us, but we can tell you one thing: we’re definitely into it. (via Style.com)
2. Literary Dame: You’ll look like a character straight out of a Jane Austen novel with an pulled back style like this. Choose any low updo of your choice, loosen it up a bit and head outside for the finishing touches. (via Elle)
4. Quickly Curled: If you feel like you need to do a little something to you hair, curling it is a great option. Loose curls mixed with some wind action is pretty much always a runway-ready combo. (via Flickr)
7. Faux Windswept: If you want that windswept look but don’t have any wind to work with, a style like this is probably going to be your best bet. Style your hair with a texturizing mousse, pull it back and then put your hands through it to loosen and mess it up a bit. Make sure to pull some hair out in the front. (via Style.com)
12. Bun Bliss: Definitely the easiest of all the options, here all you have to do is pull your hair back into a low messy bun – bonus points if you rock a deep side part with this one. (via Hello Bee)
What’s your favorite way to rock your locks when the wind picks up? Share with us in the comments below.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!