These Are the Top Ten Wine Dessert Recipes on Pinterest
We love wine and we love dessert, and sometimes it’s just too hard to choose between the two. Fortunately, that problem has been solved for us! A glass of wine before bed may help keep the munchies at bay, but we’d just as soon combine our two favorites and have a dessert made with wine. If wine ice cream seems like too much work or wine slushies just aren’t your thing, try one of these sweet treats instead. Grab a bottle of inexpensive rosé, line up your favorite sangria recipes and check out Pinterest’s top wine dessert recipes. What better way to celebrate Rosé Day?
1. Chocolate Red Wine Cupcakes With Marionberry Frosting: Marionberries are a type of blackberry, and when combined with chocolate and red wine, they make something truly magical. Here the berries are reduced to create a sweet filling and added to a buttercream for a naturally pink frosting. (via Blahnik Baker)
2. Dark Chocolate Red Wine Truffles: We can’t think of anything better than wine in truffle form. (Except maybe wine and truffles.) Dry Cabernet makes these basic bittersweet truffles truly sing. They’d make a great treat to bring to your next book club or cocktail party. (via Well Plated)
3. Pavlova With Red Wine Cherry Compote: Pavlovas are deceptively simple to make. They take a bit of time, but it’s mostly hands-off, and the result is a crisp, airy base ready for a whole host of toppings. Cherries and red wine combine in a luxurious sauce that’s layered with a mascarpone-enhanced whipped cream for a dessert that will seriously wow your guests. (via Cooks With Cocktails)
4. Sangria Cupcakes: Sangria plus cupcakes? Yes, please! Vanilla cupcakes get an infusion of fruit, and the frosting is spiked with a sweet red wine syrup. You’ll def want a pitcher of sangria on hand when you serve these up. (via The First Year)
5. Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Red Wine Popsicles: Hello, summer. These sweet strawberry and red wine popsicles are poised to become a new staple in your freezer. Whether you take the time to dip them or just enjoy with a square of dark chocolate on the side, you’re going to love these grown-up treats. (via Recipe Runner)
6. Chocolate Red Wine Chiffon Cake: When you need an elegant dessert to celebrate a special evening or take to a dinner party, a chiffon cake is the way to go. Dress up this towering chocolate dream with a red wine-spiked glaze and you’ll have a dessert to remember. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
7. Strawberries & Champagne Cake Balls: Cake balls are the most genius way to get more cake in our diet we’ve come across in a long time. Infusing them with Champagne makes this happy hour treat do double duty. Use your favorite packaged cake mix and you’re already halfway there. (via Sugar and Soul)
8. Pink Champagne Buttercream: Are there any sweeter words than pink, Champagne or buttercream? Just the thought has us dreaming of moist, fluffy cupcakes. Make this buttercream with your favorite Champagne (pink or otherwise) and slather it on everything. (via Wicked Good Kitchen)
9. Cherry Blackberry Red Wine Granita: This sweet-tart refresher will be the star of your next garden party. Blend red wine with berries and thyme and crown with a sour cream topping and a dusting of fresh cracked black pepper for an unexpected delight. (via The Flavor Bender)
10. Red Wine Truffles: If you prefer a richer and slightly less sweet chocolate truffle, this is the recipe for you. Add in your favorite Pinot and roll in cocoa powder for a dark, luscious treat. (via Recipe Girl)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)