11 Beauty and Skincare Essentials for Winter Brides
Winter is upon us! For gals that choose to get hitched during the most snuggly time of year, there are a few major perks to your timing, including the breathtaking backdrop of snow, wearing a winter wonderland-worthy dress and having the season’s deep jewel-toned makeup shimmer as brightly as your ring. But before you can swipe on a frosty shadow and call yourself Elsa, you have to keep in mind that the frigid weather, cold wind and even your warm indoor haven can cause dry, problematic skin — and you’re going to need more than a veil to protect it. So we’ve compiled this go-to guide of ultra-moisturizing skincare products and alter-worthy makeup with winter brides in mind. Start incorporating these into your beauty routine as you tie up your wedding prep so you’ll be fully photo-ready in time for your big day.
1. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream ($27): Prepping your skin with a really good hydrating face cream is clutch. Kiehl’s is one of my go-tos because it’s really good for sensitive skin, plus I’ve noticed it works well on most of my clients, no matter their skin type.
2. Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer ($33): It is crucial to wear a primer to help your foundation adhere evenly and last longer. Laura Mercier nailed their hydrating primer by packing their formula full of moisture-rich vitamins while keeping the feel light. For the first time this season, you won’t feel like you’re wearing too many layers.
4. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer ($36): My new FAVORITE bronzer, and soon to be yours too! This coppery powder has the perfect amount of shimmer to it without overdoing the sparkle. And as with the above products, it’s a versatile makeup kit staple that will add luster to nearly any skin tone.
5. Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze Creme Blush ($10): Since you’re trying to keep your skin hydrated and glowing, opt for a cream-based blush on your big day. This drugstore purchase will blow your mind with its smooth feel, sheer finish and covetable winter colors, like the rosy Make A Mauve or berry-tinted Plums Up.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Concealer ($35): This has been a go-to concealer here at Brit + Co for a while now, and there is no sign of that changing anytime soon, reason being it’s a hydrating, lightweight, creamy concealer that has a brush already in its (amazing, insanely chic, shiny gold) packaging. And really, what more can you ask for?
7. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38): Highlight your cheekbones with this gorgeous illuminating powder in a swoon-worthy shade of Opal that gives off the most stunning, multi-dimensional reflections. Be a doll and gift a pod to each of your bridesmaids, too!
10. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes ($19): This creamy eyeliner goes on sooo easily you won’t believe. But just because it’s quick to apply doesn’t mean it’ll fade as fast. Pad its long-lasting formula and set it with a little shadow to make sure it’s not going anywhere during your (probably teary) vows!
11. Maybelline Volum Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara ($8): Another drugstore favorite, this volumizing mascara is not only 100% quality (your makeup-obsessed friends will think you’re wearing the designer stuff), but it also has such a pretty package — hack tradition and use THIS as your something blue!