Smoothie drinkers know the pain of produce prices during the winter months. Oh, when will you be ripe and ready, precious raspberries, bright blueberries and delectable blackberries? In the meantime, while we wait for those beloved berries, getting creative with our winter smoothies is easier than one might think. There are lots of in-season fruits and veggies you can use during the snowy season that’ll switch up your smoothie flavors and be easier on your wallet. Here are our 13 favorite recipes to make with winter produce.
1. Citrus Green Smoothie: Let’s talk oranges and grapefruit. This smoothie mixes those sweet citrus flavors with kiwi and spinach to bring you a delicious green sipper. (via Keepin’ It Kind)
2. Spiced Pear Smoothie: You’ll definitely want to whip up this warm, flavorful smoothie for breakfast tomorrow. (via The Casual Craftlete)
3. Fruit and Tea Rainbow Smoothie: Use up some of your kale with frozen berries to create this layered wonder that changes flavors with each sip. (via Thirsty for Tea)
4. Banana Coconut Passion Fruit Smoothie: We’re so glad that bananas are always in season, ’cause we’re not sure what our smoothies would be without them. (via Manu’s Menu)
5. Orange and Carrot Smoothie: A blend that keeps the icky sickies away? Now that’s what we’re talking about. (via Green Gourmet Giraffe)
6. Grapefruit Green Smoothie: If you’re looking for a nice mix of sweet and tart, this grapefruit-packed drink is just the thing for you. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Persimmon and Tangerine Smoothie: You’ll find that the tart citrus flavors in this blend pair very well with the warm vanilla and ginger tones. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
8. Kiwi Coconut Banana Smoothie: It’s about time that kiwi got a little attention, because they make delicious smoothies too. (via Julie’s Family Kitchen)
9. Pomegranate Blueberry Smoothie: We’re guessing you’ll sip this up pretty fast when you find out that it promotes glowing skin. (via Little Spice Jar)
10. Orange Creamsicle Smoothie: It’s a good thing dessert for breakfast is legal, ’cause that’s pretty much what this smoothie is. (via Recipe Runner)
11. Pomegranate and Banana Smoothie: Wouldn’t this be awesome to drink up after your morning workout? We think yes. (via Cakes by Chichi)
12. Persimmon Smoothie: This recipe uses all-natural ingredients to bring some winter produce glory to you and your SO every morning. (via Grandmother’s Figs)
13. Apple and Pomegranate Hot Smoothie: Have you ever thought of drinking a hot smoothie? It actually makes perfect sense when there’s snow on the ground. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
Do you have any go-to winter produce smoothie recipes? Share them with us below!