16 Winter Citrus Salad Recipes to Toss Up Now
No question, bright citruses of all kinds are one of the stars of the winter produce scene. Oranges, lemons, grapefruit and limes dazzle the senses and give us a cold-fighting boost of vitamin C when we need it most. This collection of 16 citrusy salads features the gem-toned fruits front and center and with selections for both breakfast and dinner, you can enjoy digging in all day long.
1. Thai-Inspired Roast Beef Salad With Orange and Pomegranate: Every forkful of this filling salad is packed with vibrant flavors. The combo of sweet and savory citrus elements is to die for. (via End of Pain)
2. Crunchy Kale Salad With Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette: No more limp lettuce. Instead, crunchy kale and carrots add a ton of texture to this salad. The addition of juicy orange segments is a welcome one. (via From the Lion’s Den)
5. Roasted Beet, Avocado and Orange Salad (Vegan, Gluten-Free): A well-balanced mix of earthy, sweet and sour flavors feature heavily in this colorful salad. (via The Miniature Moose)
7. Broiled Citrus Salad: Just a few minutes under the broiler transforms sliced oranges and grapefruit into smokey, caramel-y wheels; an ideal base for a drizzle of olive oil plus a handful of mint and feta. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
8. Chickpea + Sumac Onion Salad: Hearty, without making you feel weighed down, this roasted Meyer lemon vinaigrette-dressed chickpea salad is a terrific main course or side dish. (via My Weekend’s Cooked)
11. Orange Pistachio Salad: Using a mix of oranges yields a lovely assortment of hues in mere minutes. You could stop there, but a finishing sprinkle of chopped pistachios, mint, herbs and spices takes the dish to a whole other level. (via Samantha Potter)
12. Beef Tenderloin, Citrus and Arugula Salad: Put slices of leftover roast to use in this salad for a bright, healthy meal that’s ready in minutes. (via Family Foodie)
13. Kale, Pomegranate, Orange and Kiwi Salad: Between the pop of kiwi and the crunch of pomegranate and poppy seeds, you’ll get a ton of awesome texture in every bite, no croutons required. (via Recipe Diaries)
14. Israeli Salad of Oranges and Black Olives: If you’re looking for something more out of the ordinary, this is it. Featuring briny olives and spicy harissa, this is a citrus salad unlike any other. (via Joy of Kosher)
16. Spring Greens With Candied Meyer Lemons: Tangy rounds of spicy, fried goat cheese work brilliantly with candied Meyer lemons and tender greens. An especially fab salad for the transition from winter to spring. (via How Sweet Eats)
How do you enjoy winter citrus most of all? Share your preferences and recipes below.