16 Winter Citrus Salad Recipes to Toss Up Now
No question, bright citruses of all kinds are one of the stars of the winter produce scene. Oranges, lemons, grapefruit and limes dazzle the senses and give us a cold-fighting boost of vitamin C when we need it most. This collection of 16 citrusy salads features the gem-toned fruits front and center and with selections for both breakfast and dinner, you can enjoy digging in all day long.
1. Thai-Inspired Roast Beef Salad With Orange and Pomegranate: Every forkful of this filling salad is packed with vibrant flavors. The combo of sweet and savory citrus elements is to die for. (via End of Pain)
2. Crunchy Kale Salad With Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette: No more limp lettuce. Instead, crunchy kale and carrots add a ton of texture to this salad. The addition of juicy orange segments is a welcome one. (via From the Lion’s Den)
5. Roasted Beet, Avocado and Orange Salad (Vegan, Gluten-Free): A well-balanced mix of earthy, sweet and sour flavors feature heavily in this colorful salad. (via The Miniature Moose)
7. Broiled Citrus Salad: Just a few minutes under the broiler transforms sliced oranges and grapefruit into smokey, caramel-y wheels; an ideal base for a drizzle of olive oil plus a handful of mint and feta. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
8. Chickpea + Sumac Onion Salad: Hearty, without making you feel weighed down, this roasted Meyer lemon vinaigrette-dressed chickpea salad is a terrific main course or side dish. (via My Weekend’s Cooked)
11. Orange Pistachio Salad: Using a mix of oranges yields a lovely assortment of hues in mere minutes. You could stop there, but a finishing sprinkle of chopped pistachios, mint, herbs and spices takes the dish to a whole other level. (via Samantha Potter)
13. Kale, Pomegranate, Orange and Kiwi Salad: Between the pop of kiwi and the crunch of pomegranate and poppy seeds, you’ll get a ton of awesome texture in every bite, no croutons required. (via Recipe Diaries)
14. Israeli Salad of Oranges and Black Olives: If you’re looking for something more out of the ordinary, this is it. Featuring briny olives and spicy harissa, this is a citrus salad unlike any other. (via Joy of Kosher)
16. Spring Greens With Candied Meyer Lemons: Tangy rounds of spicy, fried goat cheese work brilliantly with candied Meyer lemons and tender greens. An especially fab salad for the transition from winter to spring. (via How Sweet Eats)
How do you enjoy winter citrus most of all? Share your preferences and recipes below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)